An oldie but a goodie...

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm the proud owner of a Lightwave 3000,which I would consider one of the best power outage lights ever. (25 days of claimed runtime,shockingly enough..). Still bright as ever on 3-week-old Duracell C batteries .
If you are lucky enough to find one of these rare lights..It's a keeper!!

mmmflashlights

Enlightened
That does look like a nice light for low output, long runtime uses. The beauty of the latest LEDs is that you could probably get similar output/runtime with a Rebel 100 and a single C cell. I have one light now that can run for about 100 hours regulated on a single AA and a Cree P4 with decent output, probably similar or a little higher output than this. That light looks like it'd be great to update with more efficient LEDs, if you're brave enough to mod it.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bah.. just dented my debit card for $51 more. Ordered a Lightwave 4000 from
http://www.itcelectronics.com . Never ordered from them before,so I'll see how this goes.(I already have the 3000,and I thought it'd be nice to have the 4000). Just hope my mom doesn't read this.. :ohgeez:

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow,I'm impressed. New Lightwave 4000 has already shipped out via FedEx Home Delivery.Should be here by next Wednesday.Can't wait to get it. :party::faint:

(The shocking part is.. I ordered it last night-Thursday night-at 11:00 PM.It shipped out today-which is Friday.) Talk about prompt service.

Last edited:

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Woo-hoo!!! New Lightwave 4000 has arrived. I'm extremely impressed. Quite reassuring that it'll run for up to a month on one set of 3 D batteries.

I can't wait to test it out tonight..

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm assuming you're going to perform a run test on it, right? I performed a similar runtest on a 4D Mag with one of those 10 or 32 LED (I have both, but can't remember which one) retrofits from ebay. It ran for over 3 weeks straight, and I could still use it to read with at that point. I'm sure your Lightwave will perform like that too. It should be an excellent power outage light. Just turn it on, and don't worry about running the batteries down. I feel that the batteries will go bad naturally in my modded Mag before I deplete them through use. Let us know how it goes!

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually, I went out for a walk with my mom and our yellow Labrador retriever,Alfie . (The all-important "walking the dog" test..) . Turned out quite well.(The light,in case you're wondering.) Felt quite good, testing out my newly acquired Lightwave 4000.

Last edited: