Writeright(?) question

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I understand from what I have read that writeright for monochrome PDAs is the stuff to use on flashlights, not the kind for color screens. The problem is is that I am not familiar with PDAs and don't know what models are mono and which are not. I found a brand that is cheaper than writeright (13.99 vs 19.99) with the same number of sheets in a pack at my local Meijer store. The package is marked for brand and model number for what it fits and I don't know what one to get. Can anyone help?

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keith,
just about any film will smooth out the beam, a sheet of polythene, or contact paper, (which some people prefer). The WriteRight doesn't seem to have as much loss of transmissivity involved though.
See Quickbeams site for a review, @ http://quickbeam.cjb.net/
[EDIT - don't bother with that link, Quickbeam's new address is below.]

The difference with WriteRight for monochrome PDA's is that it has a micro-texture which acts as a collimator/fresnel lens type of thing. I don't think that any other PDA film has that property.
I though that Chris M had a review and a close-up photo of the texture on his site, but evidently not ??

lightlover

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's your pic: You can see the texture.

writeright_film_lens.jpg

thelightsite.cruxial.com is now the proper address for the site

Sorry for the lateness of the reply.

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
Keith,
The WriteRight I have is for the Palm Pilot, Palm III, Palm VII, IBM WorkPad, & Handspring Visor. TX

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got the list off the package. I don't have any of those toys, nor do I feel the need for one. TX

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
question on writerights...

How do they withstand high heat? i.e. Surefire lights, and those big spotlights? Will using this sticky material mess up the lens?

I want to put some on my LSI spotlight. I found that putting the beamshaper from my Light Cannon dead center onto my LSI spotlight lens (6' diameter) it somehow made the hotspot tighter and more circular at longer distances. But i'd hate for any kind of tape to melt onto the lexan lens.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I would just kindly ask that someone post the BRAND AND PRODUCT/STOCK/ITEM NUMBER of the dang thing!!! All these wonderful comments tell me nothing. Just give us what's printed on the box -- PLEASE.

Thank you all kindly for letting me vent...

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Calm down, Charlie. The group buy fiasco is over and I would venture to guess that not more than three members have taken out a contract on you. (Are LEO contracts more expensive?)

Your answer:

Fellowes WriteRIGHT
Micro-Thin Screen Protectors
Palm Pilot series
Palm III series
(excluding Palm IIIc)

IBM
Work Pad

Handspring
Visor
(excluding Handspring Visor Prism)
www.fellowes.com

On the back it is identified as
Part No. 67305

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since we're the WriteRight pioneers, all I can suggest is try it and see what happens. It doesn't have any problems with my 6v Mag. It gets warm and pliable, but still peels off without residue, but that's the hottest light I've tried it with.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LEDagent:
question on writerights...

How do they withstand high heat? i.e. Surefire lights, and those big spotlights? Will using this sticky material mess up the lens?

I want to put some on my LSI spotlight. I found that putting the beamshaper from my Light Cannon dead center onto my LSI spotlight lens (6' diameter) it somehow made the hotspot tighter and more circular at longer distances. But i'd hate for any kind of tape to melt onto the lexan lens.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I though that Chris M had a review and a close-up photo of the texture on his site, but evidently not ??

Nah that wasn`t me, that was mr Quickbeam up there.

I did however, take this macro-shot of the scrap of Writeright applied to my Solitaire...
writerightcloseup.jpg

A "Special-Feature" may appear at the Torch Reviews Site about Writeright some day, but not immediately....

grin.gif

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by lemlux:
On the back it is identified as
Part No. 67305
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Everything on my package is the same except the #. Mine has a # on the top, front 98024. This coinsides with the last 5 numbers of the UPC code on the back. TX

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
Txwest:

The last 5 digits of my barcode UPC are as you state. I have no number on the front and the Part No. 67305 is prominently placed in small print just below the copywrite notice.

sflate

Enlightened
Slightly off topic, but can anyone recommend a clear non-textured type of contact sheet to put on a lens for protection? I know it would cut down the beam ever so slightly, but I have a bunch of lights that look almost new except for the lenses. Also, where is a good place to buy replacements? (for Maglights, Brinkmann, etc.)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

lem ('n tex),

Thank you kindly, I feel much *urrp* better now...

txwest

Flashlight Enthusiast
sflate,
BrightGuy carries everything you should need for the Mags, includeing glass or plastic lenes. You should be able to order the Brinkman stuff direct. TX

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by txwest:
I just got the list off the package. I don't have any of those toys, nor do I feel the need for one. TX<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TX, I seriously thought that you had a few separate packs of WriteRIGHT - I didn't remember that one pack fit all those separate toys.

LEDagent,
the discoverer of the WriteRIGHT's properties and usefulness, K. Horn, #19, found that it would stand up to heavy prolonged use on an E2, and still remove without any glue problems. Or beginning to yellow "for some time", can't remember how long he tested it for.

lightlover