Novatac 120T/P question

RobStar

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys,

I just got my first Novatac 120T and I love it. I love the momentary feature and the tactical switch and want to know if you can program the 120P to be momentary only.

What I mean is, can you program the 120P so that it only works momentary and disable all the other features? You know how when you turn on a fenix you can then do a half press and toggle the light on and off, is this possible with the digital switch in the Novatac - in a non-reverse clicky way?

You can do momentary flashes with the 120T, but there is a delay you need to wait or else the light turns on completely.

Can the 120P be programmed so that every time you press quickly it goes momentary and only if you hold it for a second or 2 it goes on? Kinda like the opposite of how the tactical version works now.

I took a look at the 120P manual .. is tactical momentary the feature I'm looking for?? it sure sounds like it. why the hell doesn't the "tactical" version do this?!?!?!?

Hope this makes sense!!

Last edited:

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, you can make it purely momentary only. Of course, that makes it a one level light. The light will not "latch", though. Purely momentary only (to the best of my knowledge).

*edit* OK, you have a couple different questions in your post. The answer to: Can the 120P be programmed so that every time you press quickly it goes momentary and only if you hold it for a second or 2 it goes on? is no.

Last edited:

RobStar

Newly Enlightened
Ok, thanks.. that's what I figured.

I'm going to wait for the next iteration of the Novatac and grab a P version.. and mix and match the switches!

The-David

Flashaholic, Formerly KE7AYF
There are two momentary settings, "Simple" and "tactical". From experimenting with my 120P the "simple momentary" will allow you to click to turn the light on, Select a brightness level and click to turn the light off, then when you press (hold the button) the light will turn on the last brightness level selected for as long as you hold the button. The "tactical momentary" will only be the main brightness setting of the light when that setting was enabled for however long you hold the button, and you have to reset the light to exit this mode.

The-David

Flashaholic, Formerly KE7AYF
Turn light on, unscrew battery compartment till light turns off, hold button and screw battery compartment back in, wait till light goes through all three levels and turns off. Then your good to go with a fully reset light. Hole prosess takes me about 10 secends.

Latest posts