Poll - Fenix L0D cree with 10440 battery, problems?

Has your Fenix L0D cree version had problems with a 10440 cell?

• Problem - 11-25 hours on the light.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Problem - 26-50 hours on the light.

• Problem - 101 or more hours on the light.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Respond only if you personally have a L0D that you have used with a 10440 cell.

Figure the total time the light has been on without a problem, or before the first problem showed up. If the problem is with something that is not LED or power circuit related then don't count it. This includes problems with just the battery, I only want to count the light itself having problems.
If you have several, then average the total time together for the problem and no problem side, of if they fit, then click off several individual time frames.

Poll is public. After the poll feel free to post what went wrong, or in comments you can talk about battery problems, just don't count battery problems in the poll.

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
Re: Poll - Fenix L0D cree with 10440 battery problems?

I've had/have 4 LOD CE's.

1 died with 10440 after a short while, would not light up with any battery.
1 was totally fine (but sold it).
2 tend to flicker on low, usually on low mode, but this also happenedd on the first one that died. All in less than 10 hours use.

After reading Luminescent's info, I think I will just run my LOD CE's on nimh. Get long running low mode and no worries about killing battery.

Lose the blinding high modes tho.

:ohgeez:

LawLight

Enlightened
Have been using nothing but 10440s on my LOD Cree. NOt a bit of problem, and I sometimes leave it on for long periods. Gets warm, but nice white light.

LawLight

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 4 L0Ds pass through my hands. 3 worked fine, 1 flickered badly on 10440. I am currently using RayOvac Hybrids, the 10440 are retired from L0D CE service.

EugeneJohn

Newly Enlightened
I've got the L0D-CE Q2 model. I've had no problem with it. It does 'flicker' slightly in low mode, but its not objectionable and I don't consider it a problem.

At one point the light turned on in my pocket and I completely drained an Ultrafire 10440 without realizing it. I tossed the battery and now I make sure to twist the head a good half turn to put it in the off position.

I am seriously considering going to Eneloops for the low modes on the light. I will mis the 'super bright' high, but honestly I mostly used that mode to show off. I would put it in low and when someone would say, 'Hey, thats a bright little light', I'd switch it to high for the wow effect. :naughty:

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had 5 L0D CE's pass through my hands. One is a Q2. The only one that flickers on low mode is the Q2. It only sees NiMh duty now. I gave 2 to friends and they EDC them and run 10440s in them exclusively, going on close to 6 months now. I see them all the time and they've had no problems. I run one of mine on a 10440. I've EDC'd it off-and-on for months also. The last one is a backup in case my 10440 one goes :poof:!! :) Right now tho, that extra one's head has found a home on a Streamlight-MicroStream. The momentary switch is handy. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
no problems here, but i'm still a noobie with it.
for some reason i fear it blowing up on high.
probably not that kind of light or battery, but i remember a story of a cpf'er who had that happen on him and got cut up by the shrapnel.
he was fine after a while.
sad thing is, i'm willing to risk a little for the extra lumens. :sick:
maybe i'm just sick.

todo

Newly Enlightened
Correction....My vote was supposed to be NO problem 51-100hr

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, after 27 votes, only three have had problems, that makes for only 11.1% And of those having problems they seem to have problems right away. Maybe this has to do with some slight bin Vf variations.

Thanks for everyone that voted.

PS - Does anyone know if I can change todo's vote?

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has anyone run a LOD-CE Q4 with a 10440 for an extended period (5-10 minutes) on HIGH (MAX) with no problems? :)

I tried this briefly and it as bright, and got warm quick, and I thought I smelled some smoke, but maybe that was my imagination. I went back to Ni-MH's in fear that I did smell smoke. :)

Burgess

Flashaholic
Some of you have mentioned a problem
of "flickering on Low" --

Are you talking about the PWM flickering ?

Or something else ?

_