O ring size for the Fenix L2S

garence

Newly Enlightened
I just got myself a Fenix L2S and, I have to say that I'm very pleased with this light (not to mention a decent price since it's a discontinued model). I like the multi-stepped barrel, making for an interesting design that is also quite usable. I also got the L1S barrel with it, which is fantastic--two flashlights with one driver.

So, I see these rows of 4 grooves in the head and I'm thinking it would be great to put some thin O rings in there for a little extra grip. Based on the diameter of the flashlight, it looks like an ID of 3/4" would do. But a trip by Home Depot turned up nothing--they're all really thick. I checked McMaster-Carr on-line also... for an ID of 3/4", the smallest OD they show is 7/8". Still too thick, as far as I can see.

Has anyone found O-rings for the L2S that fit nicely?

Torque1st

Enlightened
Check your local automotive parts store. They will have boxes containing many sizes of O-Rings. A GOOD hardware store will also have O-Ring assortments. Home Depot is NOT a good hardware store.

garence

Newly Enlightened
Check your local automotive parts store. They will have boxes containing many sizes of O-Rings. A GOOD hardware store will also have O-Ring assortments. Home Depot is NOT a good hardware store.
Thanks for the idea. Yep, HD stinks. Lowes is better, but I generally prefer Ace or True Value (I just have to find a good one near by).

Torque1st

Enlightened
HD is ~OK for what it is, a place to buy some of the stuff you need for home repairs and remodeling. Unfortunately they rarely have those last few items it takes to complete a project. They only carry the fast moving stuff. Lowe's is mostly the same way but just slightly higher in quality. Even some ACE or True Value hardware stores are better than others. Some of the better hardware stores carry a huge inventory with many different sizes and styles of items. Their prices are usually higher to cover the inventory costs. In order to have a GOOD store to find the obscure items needed a person has to patronize them or they will go the way of the Dodo. There are good automotive supply stores and those that carry only the fast moving items. Another source for O-Rings are hydraulic supply houses or even farm supply stores.