Tearing Down Statues of Saddam

2dogs

Enlightened
The news reported today that Iraqis are tearing down statues of Saddam. The report went on to say that AP called this action terrible and that it should be stopped. While I have not seen pictures of these actions or even the report in print I believe this is being done by ignorant redneck Iraqis led by the CIA (Cowboys in Iraq for us Americans). Not that other CIA. Only someone as dumb as me might want to get rid of statues of the Protector of the People. I suppose the French and Germans will step in and help put the statues back up. For a price, of course. I tell ya if those people keep knocking down the statues they're OK by me. I'll even send em a hammer.I guess old Saddam gassing vilages would hack anybody off.

What do you fellas think?

leddite

Enlightened
i thought the gassing was civilian casualties of other authorized actions? as opposed to out and out attacks on his own people.

mind, civilian casualties aren't wonderful either, but "we've" been known to manage that trick too, and will again if "we" go ahead with what Bush would like to do.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Authorized actions? Who is authorizing him to use gas on anybody? Gas is qualified as a "weapon of mass destruction" that we are so sure he's not supposed to have right? Are you suggessting that he was authorized to use gas by asking the UN "can I pretty please stop those kurdish hords from invading my country by using some of the weapons I don't have?"

Even if they were agreeable to letting him defend himself from someone, gas is not something that they would have sanctioned.

Or perhaps I misunderstand?

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're not misunderstanding James. You understand too well. Not only does Saddam use VX gas to quell the "rebel" Kurds in northern Iraq. But he sent Pilots to Sudan to train in Sudanese jets (He couldn't use his own planes due to the "no fly" rules bieng enforced by coalition aircraft.) by dropping nerve gas on "rebels" there also. that was in 1995 while He was supposed to be busy destroying his chemical and biological weapons stores. Why would you send Pilots to train at dropping weapons you are not supposed to have? This guy is a psycho.

Later,
TSG

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
anyone wanna buy me a sniper rifle and a ticket to iraq?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
<What do you fellas think?>

If in fact it's true it just confirms what I already believe.

When you see Sadman in front of a large cheering crowd, or kissing babies... what you don't see is the death that awaits them people if they ain't convincing enough!!!

I think that country will collapse like a house of cards when the ground troops move in and protect the people from Sadsack and his Republican Guards.