Fenix T1 - DOA

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
Brand spanking new T1 - dead on arrival. Not cool. Not cool at all. Tried EVERYTHING... no joy.

Out of the 100 or so lights I've purchased over the years, this is the first one that I've ever received that was completely dead right out of the box.

Yes, yes, yes - I know the Fenix-Store will take care of it as they always do, but it's still WAY disappointing.

Phaetos

Enlightened
That's 2 today that arrived DOA. Someone else said they ordered 2 and one was DOA. Not good.

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
I sure hope that this doesn't turn into as trend.

I've got to tell you though - I expressed my disappointment to my wife who kind of laughed. I said; "what if you just received a new quilting machine and it didn't work right out of the box?" She said; "that would be said... if I didn't have 50 other quilting machines!"

Guess she got me there.
:p

Ski Trucker

Newly Enlightened
When members say their lights don't work please post a picture of your light, so we can tell who bashing Fenix or if your llight really doesn't work. Not calling anyone liars on here.

Last edited:

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
:confused:
When members say their lights don't work please post a picture of your light, so we can tell who bashing Fenix or if your llight really doesn't work. Not calling anyone liars on here, but their are some Surefire lovers on here who wouldn't like Fenix no matter what. Sorry for your lights not working. I really like mine and a great price.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I understand correctly, he's saying there needs to be proof that someone saying they have a broken Fenix light actually have it and aren't just bad-mouthing Fenix because they are SureFire fanboys.

capt_hooks

Newly Enlightened
What good will a pic do. He could just post a pic with the light off or no batteries. Maybe we need him to send it around to let someone verify this. I mean I know this guy is just trying to con someone. Come on, I hope there is more trust to members than what this guy gives.:shakehead I have one on order as well, I hope its not DOA. Sorry to hear about your light.

Last edited:

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
edit: Thanks, Kiessling.

Regarding the T1, I'm curious as to how many Fenix-Store actually shipped out these past few days. Looks like there is potential for more DOA, not everyone has received their lights yet...?

Last edited:

Kiessling

Flashaholic
When members say their lights don't work please post a picture of your light, so we can tell who bashing Fenix or if your llight really doesn't work. Not calling anyone liars on here, but their are some Surefire lovers on here who wouldn't like Fenix no matter what. Sorry for your lights not working. I really like mine and a great price.

Ski Trucker, I strongly recomment that you change your attitude or at least hide it. Such insults and assumptions are not wanted on CPF and will get you banned faster than anything else.

Please edit your post accordingly.

Thanx for your compliance.

bernhard

uh1c

Newly Enlightened
Received my T1 today. Works great! :thumbsup:
Gonna go out w/ the dog and try it in the dark now.
(the T1 not the dog.:))

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
Well said Kiessling, and thanks. That earlier post really took me by surprise.

Anyway... here's an update on my dead (deadish?) T1 (and yes I really do have one). The problem is definitely the switch. She fires right up when I short the batteries to the tube. After disassembling the switch for about the tenth time I got the light to work for a little while when I screwed the end cap on real REAL tight, but after a couple minutes it wouldn't turn off!

ARGGG!!!

Anyway the beam is PURE white, excellent balance of flood and spot and very noticeably brighter than my P3D-CE Q5, which was my brightest Fenix. This one's definitely going to be a keeper when I get it replaced!

Saiga

Enlightened
heck,like an idiot, i dropped mine HARD when i was trying to cut it out of the packaging, she's runnin' like a champ !! sorry to hear yours ain't working, i'd be really bummed,too. get your replacement, you're gonna dig it.:thumbsup:

Speedball

Newly Enlightened
Anyway the beam is PURE white, excellent balance of flood and spot and very noticeably brighter than my P3D-CE Q5, which was my brightest Fenix. This one's definitely going to be a keeper when I get it replaced!

Now this is what interests me.....The next light is for me, not my wife and I've been looking at both of these models.

Daylo

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty sure I qualify as a Surefire fanboy (best lights in the world in my opinion), got my T1 in the mail today (1st Fenix in my collection) . It works great and is very bright. It's a pretty nice light especially for the cost. Sorry to hear about the non working lights, hope you guys get your replacements soon. Peace, Love, and Illumination to my fellow CPFers.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am definitely a Surefire fanboy.....Just look at the link in my signature and my avatar, but I am liking my new T1 I got today. Not gonna make me drop my SF fanboy status, but it sure is a nice offering from Fenix and will make a nice addition to my flashlight collection. I think I'll keep it for awhile...:thumbsup:

BTW....I was a Fenix fanboy before I even knew what a Surefire was. :grin2:

Last edited:

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brand spanking new T1 - dead on arrival. Not cool. Not cool at all. Tried EVERYTHING... no joy.

Out of the 100 or so lights I've purchased over the years, this is the first one that I've ever received that was completely dead right out of the box.

Yes, yes, yes - I know the Fenix-Store will take care of it as they always do, but it's still WAY disappointing.

Wow... That´s sad. I hope they can fix it for you. I wanna order a T1 for me, but I live in Brasil... It´s extremely hard to "change" it with David, in case of mine come dead too...

I confess I am a little afraid.

But I gotta say too that I already bought two P1, one L1S, two L2D and one L1D and all of them works perfectly!

wishywashy7

Enlightened

Amen brother. I have a P3D Q5 also. No contest:)

Marduke

Flashaholic
It makes me wonder if they are really DOA, or the batteries being used don't have the proper shaped positive contact and they are being blocked by the reverse polarity protection. Just a thought.