Vintage Lights

bones_708

Enlightened
I've got to many to name. Right now one I use a lot is an 1970's Rayovac Sportsman. It can be a 3, 4, 6, or 7 cell flashlight by using different extensions. Currently I have a 5 1/2 D-cell nicad stick (same as magcharger or SL-20x) in the 3 cell configuration with a 5.5v 1a halogen bulb. With the extremely large reflector and the bulb position this light out throws all my other flashlights (spots and lanterns excluded) and is lots of fun to play around with. I love when people look and just see an old light.:grin2:

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
A nice old light that was a gift from qarawol from what I can find on the net it is a very well used 1932 Rayovac. The broken lens makes a nice black line in the beam shot.

dsc04657dm4.jpg
dsc04658ot3.jpg

dsc04659bk8.jpg
dsc04660nt4.jpg

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got to many to name. Right now one I use a lot is an 1970's Rayovac Sportsman. It can be a 3, 4, 6, or 7 cell flashlight by using different extensions. Currently I have a 5 1/2 D-cell nicad stick (same as magcharger or SL-20x) in the 3 cell configuration with a 5.5v 1a halogen bulb. With the extremely large reflector and the bulb position this light out throws all my other flashlights (spots and lanterns excluded) and is lots of fun to play around with. I love when people look and just see an old light.:grin2:
Any pictures? :)

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
They knew how to make flashlights back then.

HUGE Smooth reflectors. And now we call call reflectors of that size "Turbo heads" psssh.