RaidFire Spear - What is known about this light?

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Neat! Good numbers out he front if they're true. And it looks like something Luke Skywalker would carry. In this case, I like it :)

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hard to know until some of us get them in hand and can take our own lux readings. It may equal or beat a Tiablo, sounds like it has similar dimensions, but maybe a more optimized reflector. Hard to say if it will beat the DBS, but the DBS should have an edge with its larger reflector, and the new Q5 WC 1.2A module coming out.

d1dd1

Enlightened
Is there any preview out yet ?
I have to decide between the Spear and the new WT1.1 for Xmas :naughty:

Rzr800

Enlightened
Hard to know until some of us get them in hand and can take our own lux readings. It may equal or beat a Tiablo, sounds like it has similar dimensions, but maybe a more optimized reflector. Hard to say if it will beat the DBS, but the DBS should have an edge with its larger reflector, and the new Q5 WC 1.2A module coming out.

Seems (to this newbie) like an interesting time in this category; as I notice almost 3 different lights needing to be compared here in terms of what folks want in a thrower.
The DBS speaks for itself in versatality; customer service and apparently (soon to be) raw output...the Tiablo and Regal seem to be the standard issue lights in this class with similiar specs.(taking nothing away from either)...and the Raidfire is kind of a different animal all together. (appearance-wise with much more detailed machining; apparently runs only on 18650's; not to mention the long extended run-time on 5 lumen low that nobody else is doing).

I hope that all four of these lights (and a few that this rookie doesn't know of) end up in a shootout; as I can't imagine a flashaholic being faulted for owning any one of them at this stage in the game. :popcorn:

Last edited:

TodToh

Newly Enlightened
The data of RaidFire sounded great but wait and see.
I use to expect JetII would be D-Mini killer
but after I owned it ,it is absolutely not even close to what I expected.

Rzr800

Enlightened
With little known about this light; my only hope is that all legitimate contendors are reviewed side-by-side so as to leave no doubt concerning exactly what thrower choices we actually had at that snapshot in time. (yet another reason why CPF reviewers truly deserve the 'unsung' credit for what they do!).

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
EDGETac will be sending me a RaidFire to review. I will directly compare it to my DBS 3-stage Q4, new Regal WT1 Q5, Q5-modded Lumapower MRV, and potentially Q5-modded Tiablo A8 (if I have time to get the mod and runtimes done before the RaidFire shows up).

I don't have any additional ETA for the RaidFire over what EDGETAC has already posted (it will come at the same time as everyone else's).

In the meatime, here's my older thrower review to tide you over: ;)
DBS (Q4 UPDATE!), MRV, Tiablo A8, DX Cree Projection, WF-600: RUNTIMES and pics!

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a really nice light. The only issue I see with any and all of the newest "Tactical" lights is that the tail caps are wide and stylish. This makes finding a belt holster difficult.

Rzr800

Enlightened
'...but the DBS should have an edge with its larger reflector, and the new Q5 WC 1.2A module coming out..."

Selfbuilt said
"...EDGETac will be sending me a RaidFire to review. I will directly compare it to my DBS 3-stage Q4, new Regal WT1 Q5, Q5-modded Lumapower MRV, and potentially Q5-modded Tiablo A8 (if I have time to get the mod and runtimes done before the RaidFire shows up)..."

Soooo....will Alan at Deerelight be quick-shipping you one of these nifty little Q5 modules...or do you expect that he is confident enough that the DBS Stage Q4 will hold its own in this little shootout? (with the more important issue being how much we truly appreciate you volunteering for this in the first place). ;)

d1dd1

Enlightened
Thanks !
But you probably won't receive it before the preorder payment-time (DEC 18), or ?

Although I will be very happy to see your review :popcorn:

revv11

Newly Enlightened
I will probably buy one of these newer small throwers in the near future, but I prefer to wait until one of our fine CPF reviewers does the comps. I bought the first iteration of Jetbeam on a pre-order and later they improved the light & fixed the bugs. Lesson learned.

Dereelight DBS is a front-runner because I like the quality and ability to upgrade.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Soooo....will Alan at Deerelight be quick-shipping you one of these nifty little Q5 modules...or do you expect that he is confident enough that the DBS Stage Q4 will hold its own in this little shootout? (with the more important issue being how much we truly appreciate you volunteering for this in the first place). ;)
I haven't asked. I bought the Q4 3-stage module for DBS, and don't really feel the need to upgrade to a Q5 2-stage at this stage (I think I'll wait for the R2 or better series of upgrades). Of course, if you want to ask Alan to send me a Q5 2-stage pro bono, I wouldn't object ... :whistle:

Rzr800

Enlightened
"..Of course, if you want to ask Alan to send me a Q5 2-stage pro bono, I wouldn't object ..." :whistle:

Believe it or not; this newbie was way ahead of you on that one! ;) (now if we could just get Wade back in here to speculate that the Q5 was needed to give that light the 'edge' he talked about in this shootout...maybe a package from Alan would be forthcoming before your review!). :whistle:

Btw, my money is on the Raidfire...as that was definitely the last light that my wife will be issuing a "PO" for for quite some time...:twothumbs (and it simply looks like a winner).

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a 2-stage and 3-stage Q5 WC 1.2A pills coming from Dereelight. At this point I can't keep track of all my pills. :) I have one coming for my DBS, another DBS with a 1.2A pill for my Dad, and I forget if they are all 3-stage, or if I got a 3-stage and 2-stage. I also have a 3-stage digital coming for my CL1H.

Anyway, I'll compare the DBS, CL1H, with the 1.2A Q5 WC pill with the Raidfire when I get everything.

Rzr800

Enlightened
"...At this point I can't keep track of all my pills. :) I have one coming for my DBS, another DBS with a 1.2A pill for my Dad, and I forget if they are all 3-stage, or if I got a 3-stage and 2-stage. I also have a 3-stage digital coming for my CL1H.
Anyway, I'll compare the DBS, CL1H, with the 1.2A Q5 WC pill with the Raidfire when I get everything.

Thank you both again for taking the time to compare these. I enjoy the fact that many of you have more lights than one could possibly keep track of; as we would never receive this type of 'real time' info in such a fast-paced hobby (or 'addicitive pursuit' or whatever you call this utter madness...:crazy:).