Where can I get a Pink flashlight for my daughter?

lemons

Newly Enlightened
My little girl is getting into flashlights and has now asked her old man for a pink one for Xmas. Does anyone have a clue where I can get one? I have tried all the local places with no luck. I really don't want to have to stoop to buying a junky toy light. Any Ideas? She is coming up on 4 years old so it needs to be moderately tough, but not overly fancy.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Where can I get a Pink flashlight?

I've seen a few pink ones at Wallyworld (My daughter likes to have a few flashlights as well)...I've seen pink Rayovac Lantern/Flashlights up front at the Flashlight Section near the check-out (most wally-world's are set-up fairly similiar), and I've seen a few pink AA Mini-Mags near the boating section (Around sproting goods, but not with the main flashlight area)...that would be the best place, if you don't want to order one on-line. Hope this helps!

Here's a sample of the AA Mini-Mag...pretty tough as well...

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/pro...ucts_id=100605&PHPSESSID=a38dbcc8cbed56d212d2

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

I've also seen bright pink mini-mags at WallyWorld. Drop in a Terralux LED and you'll have a really nice little gift!

Lightguy27

Enlightened

I've also seen bright pink mini-mags at WallyWorld. Drop in a Terralux LED and you'll have a really nice little gift!

I totally agree!! for 4 years old I think that a pink mini mag with a terralux LED dropin and push button switch would be awesome.

This Terralux LED http://www.batteryjunction.com/tle-5k2.html
and this is a push button switch(child freindly)
http://www.batteryjunction.com/tcs-1.html

This kit is from Nite Ize and it is cheaper but still good, and you can even buy seperate LED modules for different colors. http://www.batteryjunction.com/niaamimaledt.html

good luck and best wishes for you and your daughter!!

-Evan

Last edited:

paulr

Flashaholic

tek-tite.com has some pink lights. They are plastic which I like better than the aluminum m*g's; and they are very tough and waterproof.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw a Hello Kitty flashlight in pink at Target where they keep all the other flashlights.

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just saw hot pink MiniMags at my local Walmart last night. If you want one and can't find them locally, let me know and I can pick one up for you.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pink minimags are definitely the way to go
you could even look for the mjleds, and then you will have a pretty good light

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
A slightly more robust idea, maybe get a G2L and get a plastic primer, and a nice pink finish coat. About the best of both worlds, frilly colors, and superb light.

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
This isn't quite pink, but it is fricken' awesome, get a leef natural 2x 18500 extender some cells and a ho lamp and call it a day, you'll have tactically equipped 4 year old on the planet.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is there such thing as pink heatshrink tubing? Would add to grip and durability as well, perhaps.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
i wonder if automobile workshops would offer to custom spraypaint for some of my lights? :thinking:

i think any reliable LED lights like Inova T1 & X5T, Surefire E1L, Pelican M1 2310 will look striking in pink! :popcorn:

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my best Terry Jones falsetto, "It's got some pink in it."

I'd second the pink MiniMag + SMJ dropin suggestion.

bouncer

Enlightened
if anybod else needs a strange color look up duracoat online the only thing is you will have a DIY project pink, purple, lime green you name it they have it mmm pink and lime geen spiral around light whada ya think ? LOL the piggy light would be good for a keyring when she's old enough for her own key

Marduke

Flashaholic

That's perfect! I'm going to get a few for my wife and daughters for stocking stuffers.

Three issues I have to caution against:
1) Unless you get EMS shipping, it won't get there in time for Christmas
2) I have a silver and blue version, and they are DIM DIM DIM. A 5mm squeeze light is brighter at close range. They are not near 5watt.
3) Those bezel crenelations are sharp, and IMO very unsuitable for a 4 year old. First time she drops it you have a gouge in your floor, or worse, her foot.

I'd go for the pink MiniMag at WalMart for around $8

Last edited: