novatac runtimes?

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Has anyone seen/herd any runtimes for the novatac on some of the lower settings? say .33 on down

clintb

Enlightened
The owners manual states that the default minimum setting of .3 lumens is 240 hours. The manual also states that every two settings lower will approximately double the runtime and vice versa.

Lowest setting of .08 lumens = around 960 hours.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy tebore,
I've been thinking about doing an actual runtime test at the .33 lumen setting. According the NovaTac manual, it should last for 240 hours. If you extrapolate that..... the .08 lumen setting should give you somewhere around 960 hours, give or take a few seconds, :D which I believe equates to around 40 days and 40 nights..... hmmmmmmm.

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
They also said it's based on the 60 lumen light.
Right you are slvoid..... I always stop reading to early, ha. So, the NovaTac manual goes on to say that the runtimes should actually be longer on the lower levels for the 85 and 120 lumen models.

BBL

Enlightened
The EDC 60 has a luxeon led, while the 85/120 models have a P4/cree led - that should give _much_ longer runtimes. Maybe someone with a spare novatac cound turn it on and have every few weeks a look at it :)

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's way too long to constantly be checking it. I have a B60LE HDS that's modded with a SSC. I can set that to the lowest level and tell you in month if it's still on or not. I only use this light for biking but since it got cold I haven't done much of that.

If anyone wants to see that just speak up.