Surefire in Camo HAIII ?

exoduster18

Newly Enlightened
I know that I saw some pics a while ago (well, more like forever ago) that featured various SureFire lights that had been re-anondized (?) in a camoflauge finish that resembles digi-camo. I take it that this was a special run? Or was it another SureFire experiment? And if these are available, where? I'd kind of like to own one (or a dozen or so.....:nana:

Thanks!!

flash_bang

Enlightened
there are some guys that krylon their lights to match their rifles, but I don't know of any anodizing in a custom run or something…
HAGO,
Flash

exoduster18

Newly Enlightened
Ok, well then. If it can only be had in HAII, then so be it. But is there any other info to be had? I would like one.....or failing that, just more information on them. Is this, like, one of those Size15's purple A2 mysteries? LOL. Thanks again!

exoduster18

Newly Enlightened
Ok, ok. Sorry about the specifics. I was using the general terms so that most folks on CPF would understand WTH I was talking about.

What I am asking for is this: I had seen previously on CPF (quite a while ago) that there were some pics of various SF lights in camo dress. I apparently don't have a clue other than that they were, indeed, in camo. They were kind of glossy. But if I recall correctly, the camo sort of looked like the new digi camo the USMC is using.

I'm guessing I'll probably be corrected on that one to.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,
The anodizing process, Type II or III doesn't favor trying to do camo! (I have been having stuff anodized for over 30 years.) For coloring cylindrical parts, silk screen/paint is the process of choice, and that's fairly involved, as the part has to be "indexed" for each screen.

Larry

exoduster18

Newly Enlightened
Thanks larry...so it was indeed painted on. How exactly does that work? And what would be the cost on something like that? Do you suppose if we could get enough people together for it...how about a run of our own? Thanks!!

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aftermarket Camo

IMG_0765-vi.jpg

Surefire Camo

IMG_0332-vi.jpg

If you find a place that does Camo let me know :)

Mac

exoduster18

Newly Enlightened
Mac - THANK YOU!! The E2e pic you posted is exactly what I was thinking. Sorry. Guess I should have specified that it was an aftermarket thing. But that is exactly what I was looking for....So how about everybody? Anybody know of any company or person capable of doing this? Thanks!!

ambientmind

Enlightened
i have seen lights on here in HAIII in camo. It was custom work, not directly from surefire, so it is possible. I saw some of the surefires for sale in camo in the "Sell" section of cpf: http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=166294
and the coating service:
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=134678
maybe contact those people from the threads to see what you can get where, i would love to get my hands on a surefire camo too! i love them! i guess with enough money, anything is possible....

swissbianco

Newly Enlightened
nice pics, i work on splash anodising and camo is on my list too, either matte, satin or glossy finish.

pics and infos are in my swissbianco forum on knifeforums.com > splash

+B
bianco new swiss knives

flash_bang

Enlightened
I recall seeing a C2. But as I stated before: It looked similar to the USMC's new ACU's.
Ummmm, the Army has ACU's, and the USMC has the MCUU.
some quick searches for ACU pattern and MARPAT should get you what you want. There's a thread on AR15.com about some guys painting their AR's in multicam, and there's a pic on the site of a guy that painted his 6P with Z32 and his AR(I think?) in desert MARPAT.

Hope it helps,
Flash