what happened to the liteflux LF5

Gatsby

Enlightened
Khoo only said that Liteflux was working on other flashlight projects and had put the LF5 on ice for the time being. I'm not sure that a Cree is the new project if only because the LF2 was available in both and I don't think it would take that much to put one in an LF5, but I could certainly be wrong.

Perhaps an upgraded version which addresses a few of the issues people had with the light - perhaps integrating a tail switch? That or keeping the feature rich package but perhaps a slightly more efficient driver?

:popcorn:

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
It has been put on hold according Liteflux from a thread I read buried somewhere. I also got the impression that they may be making "improvements" to it to keep up with all the other new lights comming out.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
It seems that series maybe didn't do as well as LF had hoped. I had an LF5 but didn't like it because the UI was too complicated for my taste. I have 3 LF1's modded with Seoul emitters and turboheads, nice combo there.

jackcselab

Newly Enlightened
The author of LiteFlux always like to make creative lights. It seems that he is busy with development of some new toys and forgot the older ones.(Oh my god!! LF5 is old...:laughing:)

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
My favorite LiteFlux light was the original LF1 (1XAA LuxIII; could handle 14500's). I waited a long time for a "promised" Cree upgrade from LiteFlux that never materialized. Instead, the LF5 came along...nice light, but the UI IMHO was a HUGE PITA! The original LF1 with it's two stage forward clicky was an AWESOME EDC light, and I seriously hope that Khoo and company will consider bringing it back, with either a Cree or an SSC U bin. A lot of folks do like the LF5...but I kept mine for less than 2 days before selling it. YMMV...

PJD

Latest posts