Diffuser for Surefire L1

SunDog

Newly Enlightened
I just got a new Surefire L1 with the 10/65 light levels. Super light tool but I need a beam diffuser to make it even more useful. Some thing to soften and spread the light for use in very dark and close in situations. My older L2 has a very nice beam but is not near as pocketable so I went with the nice sized L1 which has a much more narrow spot type beam. I looked on the Surefire site and they sell several diffusers but none that are labeled for the L1. Does something exist that will easily work? I have heard rumors of certain water bottle caps that fit and do an adequate job. Is there such a thing that fits well? Any other better solutions area very appreciated as well. Thanks!
L1side640.jpg
GpA640.jpg

gottawearshades

Enlightened
Howdy, Sundog.

You need the F04 Beam diffuser.

It'll make the light much more useful, practically a whole new light. Then you'll have the choice of great throw or great flood.

Cheers.

SunDog

Newly Enlightened
Thanks so much Shades. :cool:

I went back to the SF site and checked out the bezel diameters and found that the ones listed are 1" and my L1 is as well. I have it on order. I agree, I think this will add a very useful dimension to the L1.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
You will probably lose about 25% of the light output with the F04, but have a nice wide even beam.

Bill

SunDog

Newly Enlightened
You will probably lose about 25% of the light output with the F04, but have a nice wide even beam.

Bill

Perfect. That will be "low" then and will be good for looking at a page or close work. Nice soft light when needed as well. The diffuser will just slip off for the more powerful lighting needs.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I found out a MiniMag accessory kit (anti-roll rubber bezel cap with red, blue, and clear lenses) will fit the L1 perfectly. Took some sandpaper to the clear lens and made a diffuser.

Geoff

gunga

Flashaholic
I find the end of the minimag kit sticks out, like 3/8" from the end of the L1. Is this also the case with the actual F04 beamshaper?