Surefire G2 clickie/GITD?

awberke

Newly Enlightened
I searched but found no information on this topics.

I purchased a G2L from lowes a few days ago and am very impressed with it as my first high quality light. But is there any way to replace the rubber tailcap with a GITD one, i'm not very experienced in this area but it appears to be difficult.

And, its almost 40 dollars for a tail clickie replacement?? No one else finds this ridiculous that the like costs 60 and and a switch is 70% of the cost of the light? Is there anywhere else that offers a decent clickie for cheaper.

Thanks

mr.squatch

Enlightened
I got my gitd tailbuttons from dealextreme. I think they were the 14mm version, somebody correct me if that's not correct. They're like 10 for a buck or some such nonsense. Getting the old button out is not too hard, you have to disassemble the inside pieces. Getting the spring back in was the hardest part for me. The factory black ones have just an empty cavity inside, the gitd ones have a rubber post inside. I turned it inside out and cut the post out with scissors. Easy fix. You can experiment around with how much post to leave. I left a little on a couple (did about a dozen of my sf lites), and it made the tail button more round than flat. I like it. Plus I think having the little extra gitd rubber in there makes it brighter glow. I love em. If they charge before bed they stay lit almost all nite.

g

awberke

Newly Enlightened
well i happened to have a nite ize switch and i attempted to mod my new G2L. The problem is that the new G2L's with the lockout tailswitch have a plastic ring that is permanent as hell and makes it nearly impossible to remove the rubber cover and put in the nite ize. So i'm going to have to dremel it out and i ordered a few GITD caps and o-rings and a P60 dropin from DX so i'll have to see how it goes.

jbviau

Enlightened
Yup, this is exactly the same problem that I described re: my regular G2 with LOTC in the thread I linked above. Good to know I'm not crazy! I'll look forward to hearing about how your mod goes...