Too many EDC choices !

mikehill

Enlightened
Ist thread I've started !

Ok .. I've owned all the usual suspects .. L4, M6, L2D etc.. The only flashlight I now seem to carry is my 2 Orb Raw's. The only problem I have with them is run time, otherwise perfect.
I gues what I really need is a Hi/Low small AA flood beam light. Needs to be HA III and bullet proof. It doesn't really matter to me about the cost, as I will be using it daily. I've looked at the usual Fenix etc ... but thought that you guys may come up with something new.
Any idea's ? Hey .. you never know .. it may well lead to me selling my WE's and SF's cheap :whistle:

frankr

Newly Enlightened
My favorite is the Fenix LOD CE, I carry two on my key chain at all times. The red Q4 is my primary (with 10440 cell), the other, a P4 is my backup and I have a photon just in case. (I am not even going into what I might also have on me if I am wearing a jacket)

Marduke

Flashaholic
Fenix LOD Q4, L1T V2.0, etc etc...
Perhaps the NiteCore Defender Infinity? We should see late this month how the first production run fairs.

mikehill

Enlightened
The Nitecore looks very interesting .. only thing is I can't make out what the UI is :thinking:

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Nitecore looks very interesting .. only thing is I can't make out what the UI is :thinking:

In normal use the U.I. is straightforward: you have a clickie in the tailcap for on - off, if the head is tight you get max level, if it is loose you get a level you have chosen and memorized.

With some apparently simple tricks you can choose and memorize the second level to your liking.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
LM31 is my regular carry as well, and @$31 I can loose it, break it, and lend it out. What a great little light with a true low beam!

mattblick

Newly Enlightened
The lights that I have EDC'd most often are AAA size cell based. When wearing dress pants or even khakis I prefer the size, weight, and appearance of small diameter AAA cell based lights. For evenings and weekends in jeans or cargo pants I will carry a AA (Dexlight) or CR123 (LiteFlux LF3) based light.

I am realizing I must sound like a chick with her various purses.. :eek: :sigh:

I have been EDCing the LiteFlux LF2. Prior to it was an Ultrafire 602C SSC.
I just ordered a Lumapower Avenger this weekend to give the LiteFlux competition. While the Avenger will be brighter I am not certain it will "win" because I love the LF2 user interface soo much.

mikehill

Enlightened
Up to now ... the Nitecore is winning it for me as it can go straight on High Output with the first click. OK it costs more than the others, but this is important to me.
Any more I should look at ... and is the Nitecore available now ?
Thanks for the answers guys, Mike.

Gaffle

Enlightened
Why not order from Deal Extreme? Cheaper and I think they have them in stock.

That light on DX is the old v1.2 version. They are out of stock.

I have chosen BugOutGear because,

1. It is a USA company.

2. Authorized dealer. (if I have a warranty issue it goes to BugOut, not Hong Kong)

3. Flavio is a CPF regular. :thumbsup:

I am a small business owner. I would rather have my money stay in the states.

Sorry for the hijack.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Ist thread I've started !

Ok .. I've owned all the usual suspects .. L4, M6, L2D etc.. The only flashlight I now seem to carry is my 2 Orb Raw's. The only problem I have with them is run time, otherwise perfect.
I gues what I really need is a Hi/Low small AA flood beam light. Needs to be HA III and bullet proof. It doesn't really matter to me about the cost, as I will be using it daily. I've looked at the usual Fenix etc ... but thought that you guys may come up with something new.
Any idea's ? Hey .. you never know .. it may well lead to me selling my WE's and SF's cheap :whistle:

Have you tried your Raw on standard CR2 cells as opposed to RCR2's? Although the Raw was designed for RCR2 cells, it runs quite nicely on stand CR2 batteries. I use Sanyo CR2's in mine.

mikehill

Enlightened
Have you tried your Raw on standard CR2 cells as opposed to RCR2's? Although the Raw was designed for RCR2 cells, it runs quite nicely on stand CR2 batteries. I use Sanyo CR2's in mine.

Not done it yet, even though I've got a box full somewhere ... What's the brightness/runtimes ?

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
It's certainly not as bright as with rechargable, but it provide very usefull light for several hours in high and in low mode, you'll lose interest long before it runs out.