336 hour runtime Streamlight Propolymer 10 led

Bearcat

Enlightened
I got one of those, it's nowhere near 80 lumens, it's closer to 40 if that much. No regulation, so at the end of 14 days it would barely be bright enough to read news print at just a few inches.

I really like the light though.:thumbsup:

The Shadow

Newly Enlightened
I've got one. It's solid and well-built. It's all flood so it works great indoors. For outdoor use I'd grab another light.

It appears to be unregulated, so it'll get dimmer as the batteries drain. But 3 Cs will last a while.

Also check out the 4AA ProPoly Lux. It's a favorite around here.

Saiga

Enlightened
I bought a 3C propolymer for kind of an extra SHTF/ hurricane and bedside light ( when the dog wakes me in the middle of the night, it's easier to find than my surefire, which is within arms reach,too). i agree with Shadow, it's a great,floody, indoors light. I liked it enough that i just got another to give to my mom for a bedside light. For that purpose, i think it's ideal....not real expensive,water proof, bombproof, simple, hard to lose, and no expensive or new battery type for her to deal with. And though 336 hours is probably optimistic, i bet it's still a really long time. Maybe when i get to wally world for some extra C's this week, i'll give it a run and see.

coloradowildman

Newly Enlightened
There are 24 reviews of this light on Amazon and many folks have had failures due to drops from only a couple of feet. Others have reported problems as well. It looks like the quality control is very spotty, hence the mixed reviews.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one that I recently got. It is very bright and all flood for close in work. You should get 8 hrs to 50% brightness. It will essentially run all night. I have had problems with the 4AA 7 LED's switch, however the 3 C version has a much more robust switch. Either way, all the parts have a lifetime warranty. When I sent the 4AA back, Streamlight replaced the switch no charge. I think it is a worthwhile light to own.

The Shadow

Newly Enlightened
many folks have had failures due to drops from only a couple of feet.

I've had that problem too. The positive battery contact (at the head of the light) actually dents the top of the battery! Looking at the battery, I can see a depression in the positive tip. I re-arranged the batteries (so the dented one was in the middle) and it worked again.

I don't know why this happens, but it seems to me that the light is much stronger than the batteries. Maybe they could have designed it with a spring or something...

Don't drop the light.

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you saildude. Good info. So real world, how bright is 500 lux or 200 or 100?

How would it compare to a 2AA maglight (nonLED) on fresh batteries?

2xAA MiniMag (incand.) [i believe i took these numbers, found in an XL spreadsheet i've been putting together for years from Quickbeam's FLR website]:

Throw: 884lux
Overall: 580

approx burntimes on fresh alkalines: 75% of peak at 12minutes; 50% of peak at 41min; 25% of peak at 4h 18m; 20% of peak at ~5h; 15% at ~5h 50m , then quickly "dead"

streamlighter

Newly Enlightened
I have this light, too. I received it as a gift.
I own the 3C Luxeon and the 4AA Luxeon as well.
Comparing the three lights I can say that they all are built very solid, no difference there.
The 10 LED may be an acceptable light for indoor use but if anybody asked me which one is the better light I had to say that the Luxeons are playing in a higher league.
The 10 led has is really no chance comparing output and throw and I don't believe in the 85 lumens.
So if you want to spend some money I can recommend both luxeons without any qualification.

Best regards
SL

Latest posts