Just received my Fenix P3D Q5 and Surefire L1 Cree

herolet

Newly Enlightened
P3D Q5 is much brighter on turbo than the L1 on high. And P3D on low (over 50 hours, 2 CR123A) has much longer run time than the the L1 on low (over 10 hours, one CR123A).

For about twice the price of a P3D, the L1 feels tougher. But I personally don't think it's worth the premium.

My original plan was to give the wife the P3D Q5 and keep the L1 to myself. Fortunately she likes the L1 more than I do. I just handed the L1 to her and kept the P3D to myself. :twothumbs We both are happy!

I am still waiting for my Fenix T1 to arrive. Hope it's going to be as bright as my Dereelight DBS.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both are great lights. My only input would be, if you live anywhere that it's cold and you have to wear gloves, you might just like that L1 more. It is WAY easier to use with gloves on. Even the T1, which has "knurling" is very slick with gloves. That said, I like all my Fenix lights. They're just not my dog-walking lights in the winter.

herolet

Newly Enlightened
... you have to wear gloves, you might just like that L1 more. It is WAY easier to use with gloves on. Even the T1, which has "knurling" is very slick with gloves. That said, I like all my Fenix lights. They're just not my dog-walking lights in the winter.

I agree with you that L1 seems much easier to handle if I wear gloves. P3D is just the EDC in my pocket. Working on the 20th floor in downtown, it's nice to have a long-run-time EDC in my pocket all the time. Who knows when there could be a black out. Walking down in the dark stairways without a flashlight is the last thing I want to do.

I have a Dereelight DBS for dog-walking. Its size feels just right when I have gloves on.

wishywashy7

Enlightened
My original plan was to give the wife the P3D Q5 and keep the L1 to myself. Fortunately she likes the L1 more than I do. I just handed the L1 to her and kept the P3D to myself. :twothumbs We both are happy!

I am still waiting for my Fenix T1 to arrive.

I agree that you will be happy with the T1. It blows the P3D out of the water:twothumbs

I was too selfish with my wife, kept the surefires and fenixes to myself, I gave her an AA Mag-LED:crackup: