How do you carry without a pocket clip?

Geoffrey

Newly Enlightened
Hi all, I have been lurking here for years and thought I should finally make a few posts.

I am getting a NiteCore Defender Infinity to replace my Surefire E2E since I am changing to all LED and standard AA or AAA lights.

My question is how do you guys carry lights without pocket clips.

I though about using a knife pouch on my belt but I already carry a handgun, spare mag, and multi-tool on my belt.

I was thinking about using a gear keeper like this one from TAD http://www.tadgear.com/x-treme gear/tad_gear_gear_keeper.htm and just letting the light hang down in my pocket.

What do you guys do?

Thanks.

scottaw

Enlightened
For small lights i just drop em in my pocket. Nothing too exciting there, but i do prefer a pocket clip so i know right where it is.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
My SureFire 6PL is either loose in my pocket or in a sheath attached to the strap of my Maxpedition bag.

Regards,
Tempest

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
The NiteCore comes with a paracord lanyard. Just droop it outside of your front pocket (with the light being inside), and you'll have a quickdraw.

Marduke

Flashaholic
I have been known to put something in a holster/pouch, but I don't like keeping things on a belt. So, I put a carabiner through the loop on the holster/pouch, and clip it on a belt loop. It makes it a little more awdward to draw quickly, but it's much more comfortable to carry (rides much lower), as it's not digging into my side all day like items on a belt.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Novatac 120P is clipped bezel down in my watch pocket. My E2D is bezel down in the right extra thigh pocket on my carpenter jeans....just like it's in a holster. Any extra lights get carried in jacket pockets this time of year. And, like Marduke....if I use a sheath/holster, I will clip it to a belt loop with a carabiner.

guyg

Newly Enlightened
I sheath carry only. My EDC (in order on belt) is Fenix in sheath, Maxpedition pouch/ knifesheath combo and on the left side is my cell phone.

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't keep anything with exposed metal clipped to my pockets anymore. Too easy to scratch things (like a car) by inadvertantly getting too close. The rare exception is if I'm hiking or will be away from a car for awhile.

I either carry just free in my pocket, or use a homemade lanyard made out of paracord and mini-clips clipped to a beltloop and then let the light hang in my pocket.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
how do you keep/have your E2D bezel down???

Like so...

dsc00279va3.jpg
dsc00280aw6.jpg
dsc00281ux7.jpg

flash_bang

Enlightened
I love the time lapse photography :D

I carry my G2 with a Blackhawk CQC light holster. I like it, and I can adjust the angle the light is so I can draw it faster.

HAGO,
Flash

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just keep it in my pocket. Around here I'm usually in a coat so most of the time I have large pockets to fill. Indoors I'm in cargo pants or shorts most of the time so again plenty of pocket space.

wishywashy7

Enlightened
The one beside the SF 6P is made by Blackhawk.

The one beside the Fenix T1 is the stock nylon sheath that came with the light.:D

cat

Enlightened
Oh, I didn't notice that it was a T1. So, not the usual elastic and webbing kind. (Which I like. If I could find someone who could sew them, I'd make some for my other lights.) The back part looks like webbing, though.