Any testing or lumen rating for mini Mag 3AA LED

737mechanic

Newly Enlightened
Have a couple friends with these and they love them but I was wondering how do they stack up against other LED lights.

What is the rated lumens for this light and is there anyone with beamshots.

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
i have one converted to a seoul for sale.
it should be in the cpfmarket place for sale pretty soon.
that one's about 110 lumens with the same runtime!
runs forever (for a bright aa light)

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say that the MM3AA is about 40-50 lumens on fresh batts, but has a diagonal discharge rate on alkalines. E2 lithiums provide flat runtimes, but I have had them damage one light I have had.

Overall, I would have to say that there are better AA lights out there, much more light and flat regulation. I would like to endorse an American company, but the mag led is outclassed by better lights at this time.

half-watt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would say that the MM3AA is about 40-50 lumens on fresh batts, but has a diagonal discharge rate on alkalines. E2 lithiums provide flat runtimes, but I have had them damage one light I have had.

Overall, I would have to say that there are better AA lights out there, much more light and flat regulation. I would like to endorse an American company, but the mag led is outclassed by better lights at this time.

TerraLux upgrades for the Mini-Mag with a SSC, running on 2xAA, are very good competition for the MagLite Mini-LED models. I have all three (both mini-LED offerings from MagLite, as well as the TerraLux upgrade for 2xAA Mini-Mag) and my preference is easily for the TerraLux upgrade (i prefer the longer burntime of the TerraLux).