peak first responder vs wiseled tactical

tekguy

Newly Enlightened
which is a better overall light?
which has better runtime?
are either of them good lights to lets say light up an entire football field for an hour or so?
:)beamshots:)?

Patriot

Flashaholic
Better is which ways?

As far as run-time goes the Wiseled has much more capacity. The Wiseled is a more electronically sophisticated than the First Responder. The Wiseled is nearly four times as powerful as the FR.

No, neither of these lights will light a football field or anything close to that. If I remember correctly, a 60 watt light bulb is roughly 2000 lumens of omni-directional light output or 25% more output than the Wiseled 1500. As you already know, a 60 watt light bulb won't go far in lighting up a stadium, therefore the massive and complex metal-halide light array assemblies mounted on gigantic towers, throwing out hundreds of millions of lumens.

BR37

Newly Enlightened
If I'm posting in the wrong area, please forgive me. I recently purchased a Peak First Responder directly form Peak. My light arrived on time. My first impression with this light was that it did not appear to be very well built. The main body tube is thin walled tubing and appears that it would dent or deform easily. I put in the supplied lithium 123 batteries(2) and turned it on . I recognized the krill switch(Arc) with it's protruding rubber boot. These really don't last very long as rips and tears develop after using for a while which would allow water to enter the light. The light itself was quite bright , not much throw, but excellent flood light capabilities. The shiny knurled thumb wheel which had a bit of wobble in it as I turned it to increase the light output. Also there was dust particles in the 3 individual reflectors and on the inside of the quite thin plastic lense. I'm not too happy about this, so I unscrewed the plastic bezel and the light fell apaet in my hands. All 3 reflectors with tiny brass inserts fell on the floor. Lucy for me I found them and put it back together after blowing out the dust with compressed air. I noticed that inside the head which houses the LED emmiters there are several thin soldered wires connected to each LED and their individual circuit board. This gave me the impression that the First Responder is quite fragile and was put together as an afterthought.
This light was expensive and not worth the price. The light broke very easily . While doing some plumbing repairs on my kitchen sink, the light rolled of a chair onto the floor. I turned it on and it was dead. I was furious! What a piece of junk! Upon examining the light I found that one of the LED's broke loose from where it was soldered on it's circuit board causing the light to fail. Maybe others who have this light have had better luck with it than me. I sent an e-mail to Peak and I got a quick reply in which I was told that my light was the first to fail, and to mail it them and it would either be repaired or replaced. I hope they make good on it. I have 3 other Peak stainless steel lights and never had any problems with those. I wish that I had never bought the First Responder and I have no confidense in it as it is poorly designed and constructed. Please forgive me if I wrote too much.

kingoftf

Newly Enlightened
Wiseled Tactical:

After only 8 minutes, it has lost 77.9% of its output. This means that after 8 minutes it has less "throw" and just slightly more overall output than a Surefire G2, and significantly less throw and overall output than a Surefire M3. It will, however, maintain this lower level of output for about 1 hour 40 minutes continuous, and it demonstrates excellent regulation during this period.

http://flashlightreviews.com/reviews/wiseled_tactical.htm

Sounds poor......