Z41 LOTC disassembly?

dw51

Enlightened
I've searched all over and cannot find any disassembly procedures for the Z41 tailcap. How do I take it apart?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a small allen head screw in under the spring....remove it. You may have to press on the tailcap while unscrewing to help it not twist. After that, pull the guts out. Next take a small pair of needle nose pliers and remove UNSCREW the black plastic disc.

It should come apart after that.

Let me know if this helped

dw51

Enlightened
There is a small allen head screw in under the spring....remove it. You may have to press on the tailcap while unscrewing to help it not twist. After that, pull the guts out. Next take a small pair of needle nose pliers and remove UNSCREW the black plastic disc.

It should come apart after that.

Are you sure you're not talking about the e-series tailcaps. The Z41 doesn't have an allen head screw. More like a rivet of sorts.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
AHHH yes, some had rivits.....I don't know how to do those.

I think I remember someone saying to grab the metal part that the spring is attached to and YANK HARD!!!

Flashlight Enthusiast
Post a picture of the side view the inside down view and the back view, then we will know for sure, light it up extra well with a flashlight for kicks.

dw51

Enlightened
Post a picture of the side view the inside down view and the back view, then we will know for sure, light it up extra well with a flashlight for kicks.

Sorry, I don't have my camera.

dw51

Enlightened
Bueller?.....Bueller?

C'mon, anyone?

Surely someone has replaced the rubber boot with one of the colored ones from DX/Kai? That's what I'm trying to do. Does that help?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pull the spring, drill out the rivet and tap the metal button, get a small screw and put it back together.

Bueller?.....Bueller?

C'mon, anyone?

Surely someone has replaced the rubber boot with one of the colored ones from DX/Kai? That's what I'm trying to do. Does that help?