Ultrastinger Refit...??

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi all... got a question for you guys/gals.

I am the proud new owner of an Ultrastinger
smile.gif
, and I want to modify it somewhat..

So here's the plan. I want to stick Streamlight's 20 watt bulb in there instead of the 10 watt stock bulb. Logically, it should be quite a bit brighter, right??
I also want to get a replacement stick of sub-c 2400mah batteries, (are there higher cap NiCads out there??) the kind used in high-performance R/C cars. This should keep the runtime from dropping off too drastically (I'm thinking around 45-50 min with the brighter bulb). Have any of you tried it yet? I heard second hand from a very technical-guru friend of mine that he could rig a charger for the new stick(s) that would completely recharge in 8 minutes
shocked.gif
. Sweet!! Do you folks have any recommendations? Opinions? Smart Remarks? All are more than welcome
grin.gif
. Thanks in advance for your help.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
The bulb from a SL series light would have to be extrcated from the reflector housing, and I don't think it's that easy to do w/out damaging the bulb. Also, the SL series bulb is a bit thicker than the US bulb, and it doesn't have the proper pin size, nor the US bulb type base/spacer. The reflector hole on a US is also to narrow to accomodate a thicker bulb.

As for the battery stick, that's been done by a few members, here, and it works out well enough...

--dan

Dennis

Newly Enlightened
The Sanyo 2400mAh battery thing can be done with a little work. Mine gives almost 90min of runtime. However, an 8 minute charge probably isn't a good idea. The Sanyos are built to take a 3 or 4C charge, 7.2A to 9.6A, but that still only works out to a 15-20 minute charge. And even this is only done occasionally, with serious RC racers draining and slow charging the batteries afterwards. (And throwing them away when they start losing capacity.) You could probably stuff 15+ Amps into the battery and charge it up in a few minutes, but after a few times the battery wouldn't be very happy. I normally stick to 1.5hr to 2hr charges.