Huge Thanks!!

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Over the weekend we got a snowstorm, started as snow then switched to rain...UNBELIEVABLY WET HEAVY SNOW!!
Where I live I share a parking lot with my neighbor, his plow guy got stuck and simply left.
I was left to snowblow and it was impossible, growing up in Wisconsin I'v snowblowed my whole life, this was unlike anything I'v ever seen.

My hands blistered bad from snowblowing and shoveling,, my snowblower ended up breaking down (10 horse Ariens).
That night it got bitter cold and the super wet heavy snow turned literally to concrete.

Without going into detail. I was screwed.
Today I was trying to chip away at the ice, which was a self defeating exercise, when coming down the hill was this huge front end loader (County rig), like the ones at airports.
Waived the guy over, explained my situation and he said he would help.

He started to plow me out, so I ran inside to find something to give him (no cash at the moment) so I thought,...... give him a flashlight!!

I found a SuperBright CREE Q2 cr123 light and gave it to him. I don't think he seen anything like it.
Can see him at his shop right now showing his County guys.

Maybe I got a new guy into flashlights, anyway, he helped me out of a huge jam!!!

THANKS.....:bow:

Last edited:

Saiga

Enlightened
Man, sucks when you post a good anecdote and 100+ people look at it,then ignore it, especially when some bonehead can post some bone head question or observation and get 50 responses (yours truly included) . i've observed (and experienced ) this phenomena on other forums as well. Well,watcha gonna do ? Anyway,sounds like a good day......:thumbsup:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey orbital, nice story.... especially since it has a happy ending with you getting dug out, and some guy who was nice enough to help you, getting a cool new toy to show his buddies. Excellent!

slo-ryd

Newly Enlightened
He'll be surprised when it needs batteries :)

Good story, and good of you to offer something for his helping.

KingGlamis

Banned
Cool story!

Although I must admit, living in Phoenix we have no idea what dealing with snow is like. We have a saying around here... "You don't have to shovel the heat off your driveway." :D

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Cool reward for someone helping you out! The guys from the garage will be hitting the internet to try and find similar lights for themselves!

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice story, glad you seem to be okay now. Reading it, I was wondering what the big trouble was going to be, as I could sense it building up. A ton of wet snow freezing like that... Ouch! I can only imagine what that is like and what a pain it is to deal with.

scottaw

Enlightened
Too bad ya didn't get a power outage to play with some more lights! Oh well, we got a milder bit of the same storm, no outages here either....

(is it sick to hope for an outage just to play with some lights?)

Patriot

Flashaholic
Good story. I'll bet the guy felt like he really made out on that one. Good idea to give him a light. :)

Valolammas

Enlightened
That night it got bitter cold and the super wet heavy snow turned literally to concrete.

And that's why everybody should EDC a flamethrower. :D Just kidding, of course. Good story! I'm mostly a bicyclist, but frozen wet snow really screws up bicycle lanes, too, so I do have some idea of what you've been through.

Let's hope that guy doesn't just throw the light away when he finds out how much the batteries cost...

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
We don't get snow like that very often over here in England but when we do, I just go out and sprinkle salt crystals on it and in the morning I have a clear drive. If it's really heavy, I crush salt cubes from the water softner and use those.

saeckereier

Newly Enlightened
What kind of light was that that you gave him? CR123A based? I admit I'm too lazy to check..

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
What kind of light was that that you gave him? CR123A based? I admit I'm too lazy to check..

+

I handed the guy one of these, he said he wouldn't take anything from me,
I insisted and said Merry Christmas!

There is no way for me to describe how much this guy helped me out, it would take too long for me to give proper description.

Best $20 I spent!!!!...:thumbsup:

This light, plus I put on a GID cap:

http://www.kaidomain.com/WEBUI/ProductDetail.aspx?TranID=3131

IcantC

Enlightened
Good story and glad to see he helped. I guess gifts are sometimes better appreciated than cash. It would be funny, soon all county truck drivers stop by to help you, and you wonder why haha.