Best-Polymer body, tail clickie, 17650-18650, easy LED drop in, under $40, EDC light?

gratewhitehuntr

Enlightened
Polymer
It has to be non conductive.
It will be used as a "pokin stick" for resetting things like relays or breakers on 120v 250v and 480v.
Not fondling open wires or anything but sometimes it is nice to not have to TOUCH stuff.

Tail clickie.
gotta love them

17670-18650
I like lithium ions.
cheap and reliable

easy LED drop in
SSC
either something that already has one or an easy drop in *see next item*

Will be used up close
would really like 2 modes and a SSC
most things it will be pointed at will be 3 to 20 feet away, mostly 3 to 10 really
I don't need a big flaming hotspot, a smooth beam is better
it will be used inside a steel mill with lots of machinery, no leaves, screw color rendition

price
that whole $40 thing would be even better if it included batteries and a charger
eg.
Brinkman Maxfire $13
SSC P4 drop in at DX $13
2 X 17650 at DX $9 ?
1 amp single charger or DSD at DX $7

===== $42

anyone have an better ideas??

A pocket clip would be ****!!

Price is flexible but would like to stay under $60
but if you come up with something REALLY nice I'm sure he could be convinced to spend more.

I am putting this together (and road testing) for my non flashaholic cousin.

Mods are fine so long as they are permanent non-tinker stuff.
I've got a 6D mag with 4 X Emoli and 64623 and all the resistance mods (and some other stuff) so I'm fairly competent, just haven't done much teentsy weentsy soldering yet.

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
WHat about a Surefire G2L? Its CR123's, not sure if it'll do rechargables or not (higher voltage), but it comes in at about $65 from batteryjunction with 6 extra batts (for 8 total, 2 come in light)!

sb_pete

Newly Enlightened
hmm, well I think that polymer requirement is going to really cut down your choices. Otherwise there are a ton of DX and KD lights that would fit the bill like this. I can't think of any polymer LEDs other than the $urfires tho, and you would need an aftermarket dropin to get two output levels.

Maybe you could try covering the bezel of an aluminum light in rubberized truck bed liner. You wouldn't need much.

Anyways, good luck

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
The surfire G2 is a much better light. I have both...the brinkman is toy like- the surefire- indestructable. Not sure if drop ins fit the brinkman, but they do fit the surefire...in some cases! I have the ssc drop-in in my G2. Doesn't fit perfect...but thats how they are. It works great..

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Brinkmann Maxfire with a fitting DX drop-in?(If it doesn't fit, you could modify it to fit)

It would be under your price range(Batteries not included).

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I think that's it........Sorry man
Oh you could loook at Streamlight's offerings! Yeah I forgot all about those.:shrug:

Last edited: