• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired wanted: HDS's (not novatacs), any condition, any config =)

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for B42XRGT's, U60's, anything inbetween.
Love my Seoul moddedB42XRGT optimized for flood, and would like to grab another or two for spares and harder use.

Thanks!

Groundhog66

Banned
I have a MINT B42XRGT, smooth tail but has the coil spring. Perfectly stock, never opened. PM me if interested.

Tim

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello. Got any trades? I have a B42XT.

rob

hiya rob! long time no see! =D hope you're doing well.

does yours have a tailstanding tail? what might you be interested in? I've got a Benchmade Apparition assisted-open knife if you're interested...

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sure, email me an offer =) What types and condition of hds's are they?

frisco

Enlightened
Looking for B42XRGT's, U60's, anything inbetween.
Love my Seoul moddedB42XRGT optimized for flood, and would like to grab another or two for spares and harder use.

Thanks!

I would love a HDS mod like that! Who did yours?

frisco

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frisco: I did it, and if you want I could do yours =) heh, heh.

Actually it's pretty simple: on the stock HDS reflector, if you replace the Lux with an SSC, it makes for a wider beam; donut hole out to about 8 inches. If you sand off like a 32nd or 16th of an inch off the back of the reflector, you can dial it in for super tight throw, but instead I bought an LDF lens and bingo - donut hole only out to about 4 inches now, and everything beyond that is very even flood. The middle 1/3 to a 1/2 is still a bit brighter than the rest, which is good for a little reach, but the beam is very floody and even. I like it a LOT. I think it works great for a single EDC; good for area lighting outdoors at night, great for reading indoors, etc.

So, not much of a secret to it =)

fleegs

Enlightened
mcmc- yes it does tail stand. It has the third revision tail cap (i think it was third version). It does not bubble and is sloped in.

I do love knives. I'll get back to you on the offer.

Thanks,
rob

fleegs

Enlightened
Hello again mcmc. Sorry I forgot to say hi back in my last post. I got wrapped up in your knife offer :oops: I hope you are doing well and happy holidays!

Do you have details about what model this is? (blade have serrations?, is blade steel 154cm?, steel have coating?).

Thanks,
rob

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
No prob fleegs! =)

Here's a description: satin finish 154CM wharncliffe blade, plain edged, with assisted open; faux black horn scales, with a shiny bolster and shiny SS polished clip. The assisted open can be turned off with one simple step. Looks very snazzy; I bought it as a 'dress' knife but realized my other knife is fine for this duty =)

Lmk!

fleegs

Enlightened
I am in for the trade. PM me your address and I will mail you the flashlight. When you get it then mail me the knife.

Thanks,
rob

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Frisco: I did it, and if you want I could do yours =) heh, heh.

Actually it's pretty simple: on the stock HDS reflector, if you replace the Lux with an SSC, it makes for a wider beam; donut hole out to about 8 inches. If you sand off like a 32nd or 16th of an inch off the back of the reflector, you can dial it in for super tight throw, but instead I bought an LDF lens and bingo - donut hole only out to about 4 inches now, and everything beyond that is very even flood. The middle 1/3 to a 1/2 is still a bit brighter than the rest, which is good for a little reach, but the beam is very floody and even. I like it a LOT. I think it works great for a single EDC; good for area lighting outdoors at night, great for reading indoors, etc.

So, not much of a secret to it =)

Interesting. I left my reflector alone and shimmed the LED so that the beam is virtually identical to the stock LED, but over twice the brightness :D

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting. I left my reflector alone and shimmed the LED so that the beam is virtually identical to the stock LED, but over twice the brightness :D

Cool. Which generation light do you have?
Back when we started off the SSC HDS modding, everyone seemed to be sanding off the back of the reflector to get a super tight hotspot. Did you shim by placing a copper disc beneath the LED? Effectively that may have done the same =)

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am in for the trade. PM me your address and I will mail you the flashlight. When you get it then mail me the knife.

Thanks,
rob

Awesome, Rob! =) I'll be able to mail the knife out to you Monday. PM inbound w/ address, send me yours too =)

fleegs

Enlightened
mcmc- Are you out there? You confirmed you got the flashlight but I have not heard anything about the knife. I have tried PMs but have gotten no response.

Are you ripping me off? Please respond.

Thanks,
rob

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi fleegs - sorry, no, no, no ripoff =) Pm'ed you the deliv conf number. Sorry I wasn't able to reply! Also sent you a little christmas gift in it as well.