any of the surefire line up water or spalsh proof

Kilowatt

Newly Enlightened
any of the surefire line up water or spalsh proof

I would think that the millennium series should be. When we need our lights the most its not always the bes condition. To me special operations means all conditions rain sleet snow get the picture. Whats your input?
kilowatt /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: any of the surefire line up water or spalsh proof

i was just wondering what the rate of failure among spec ops is. but i'm sure they test them thoroughly before use and have a spare.

with that i'll say: if you feel your sf is not up to spec please contact sf customer service to explore your options.

right al? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast

All of the N rated lights are supposed to be waterproof.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
Stingray said:
All of the N rated lights are supposed to be waterproof.

[/ QUOTE ]

the only surefire's that are guaranteed waterproof.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

didn't know that bout the M series, thanks geoff.

Kilowatt

Newly Enlightened

So the m series should be ok lets say camping in the rain? Or mabey emergency like tornadoes well you know some type of emergency situation that anyone of us could encounter.
kilowatt

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast

You can special order a waterproof version of most of the lights, but it costs alot to do it. There's a military version of weaponlights that are waterproof too iirc.

GeoffChan

Enlightened

All Surefires "should" be fine in the rain.

"N" certification is about $100 on top of the light. Surefire puts out only a small amount at a time.

Geoff

Stingray

Flashlight Enthusiast

Every once in a while you can find a 6PSN in the B/S/T for $50 - $70. I picked one up last month..NIB. One just went a couple of days ago too. If you place a WTB post, you might find one from one of the members with extensive collections.

My original 6P from 10 years ago says waterproof right on the box and in the manual. I haven't tested it.

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast

But what can we do to make our flashlights waterproof by ourselves? I was thinking maybe bigger more robust O-rings, a little silicone around the lens and some more in the tailcap should make it pretty decent dunk proof, what do you think? Is this possible? Has anyone tried it?

Alex

SurefireM6

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Geoffchan said:
All Surefires "should" be fine in the rain.

"N" certification is about $100 on top of the light. Surefire puts out only a small amount at a time.

Geoff

[/ QUOTE ]

A new 6PN (With hex bezel, new style 6P) is $85 at AGR.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

if you submerge your surefire in a pail or basin of water and it doesn't leak, it should survive splashes and rain just fine. its just a matter of how deep it can go and how much water pressure it can withstand.

in my experience, the surefires with lexan press-fit bezels have been more water-resistant than the ones with pyrex bezels. i might just be really unlucky, but i had two pyrex bezels from two separate models leak on me. the replacement parts surefire sent did not leak though.

SurefireM6

Enlightened

I think the Pyrex is press fit, my lexan SF lights just pop in and out. There are replacement kits for lexan, but not pyrex because it's press fitted. I could be wrong, I'm sure Al will correct me.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

SurefireM6: when i mentioned press-fit i was referring to the lexan bezels where the lens has to be pressed and "popped" into place. the pyrex lenses are secured with a screw-on retaining ring. perhaps i should have used "snap-fit" instead of press-fit. sorry about that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif