Newbie question, DXextreme 6973 emitter

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been lurking here for a bit, but time for my first question. I ordered 6 - 6973's from DX and five of them are all the same. The last one is a duller matte finish, and appears to have a different emitter. It says seoul Z-Led, and the heatsinks are different and everything.
It looks just like the one in this picture.
http://www.kaidomain.com/WEBUI/ProductDetail.aspx?TranID=1319

The rest of them look just like this one:
http://www.dealextreme.com/feedbacks/browseCustomerPhotos.dx/sku.6973~id.4805

The oddball one has a much bluer light, and in my opinion is not as bright, though I have no way to measure it, it looks much duller especially from about 30 feet.

Is one emitter better than the other? Is it perhaps in the circuit board or regulator? I like the look of the matte finish better, but that is all.

Should I just keep it as an oddball? Or should I start a support ticket with DX?

Thanks!
VegasF6

MatajumotorS

Enlightened
I have bought DX Seoul U-bin emitters (no star) and they was the same as from PhotonFanatic.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
There are a bit of variations in the output for the same bin but you could open a support ticked and get another LED(I would open a support ticket).

There are no circuit boards built into the LED star. Just the LED attached to a piece of metal shaped like a star.

As long as they all function the same, I think you won't have to worry.

:welcome:

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went ahead and submitted the ticket, thanks. We shall see, I don't want to ship this all the way back to Hong Kong.

To say they all function the same. Well, yes, they all turn off and on :)
But like I said, the oddball is much dimmer and bluer. The other 5 all function pretty close to the same as each other. Though, one of them leaves a "hole" or "Ring" in the center of the light. Could that be something I can adjust?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
You can't really adjust any of the hardware. So the hole would have to stay(Is this hole with out without a reflector?).

If it is with a reflector, try re adjusting the height and get the LED in the right focus.

DX does have a Florida return address:

S CHEN | DealExtreme
8345 NW 66TH ST #8247
MIAMI FL 33166-2626