looking for a light

lemons

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a light, probably a surefire, to complement my L4. I want something similar in dimension and output (100 lumens) but with more throw. More of a pin spot than a wall of light. I do prefer LEDs and would prefer to stay with CR123s. It does not need a strike barrel. Any and all recommendations appreciated.

mdocod

Flashaholic
I think that's a great idea, one light for flood, one for throw, Good thinking.
If you don't mind a larger head, Check out the DereeLight DBS, Tiablo A9, and LumaPower MRV. All of them have been reviewed many times on CPF with overall good impressions of build quality, often compared to SureFire. If SureFire is a "9/10" then these are easily an "8/10" in most peoples eyes. Those are the current "throw monsters" of the cree club. The DBS is currently the "king" of the 3 in the throw department as I understand, but it does have a slightly larger head, I *think* the Tiablo is the most compact of the bunch. All of them will be a chunk bulkier than the L4, but to get the throw, it's a tradeoff... I think DereeLight is also offering some of their CL1H models (more compact, with D26 style heads) in a smooth reflector version, which should provide ample throw in comparison to the L4, (but not like a pencil spot like the DBS).