Is L1D body compatible with new L2D Q5?

tslrc

Newly Enlightened
I saw on Fenix-Store that the L1D body is compatible with L2D-CE, which I bought it for originally, can I assume it is also compatible with my new L2D-CE Q5 I just ordered.

Does anyone know how bright this will be in each mode?

Steve

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes it's compatible but because of the lower voltage(1.5 vs 3.0) turbo and high will be about the same. The other levels should be unaffected. Obviously the run times will also be shorter.

PocketBeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the L2D Rebel 100 that I can use on the L1D body and as Steve said you lose the Turbo mode, and as Selfbuilt points out you lose runtime. Because I don't EDC the light, I use in only with the L2D body so I have the option of Turbo. Turbo rocks!

tslrc

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help. I understand for some lights you can't add larger tubes if that would overpower the LED, but in this case just wanted to be sure sizing was the same for all L2D's, including the new Q5.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
if i can find a 1d body, i'm gonna stuff my l2d q5 with a 14500!
You will only get turbo,(High, medium, and low will all be the same brightness) SOS, and strobe. Above ~ 3.2v(14500 - 4.2v fully charged) the light goes into direct drive. For all the modes to work correctly the input voltage needs to be at ~3.2v or lower.