Which one is YOUR best CR123 light ??

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really need to buy one CR123 light. I know there is a lot of options in the market, but I am confused. So, I´ll not ask what you recommend, but which one is YOUR BEST CR123 light ??

So...

WHICH MODEL IS YOUR BEST CR123 FLASHLIGHT ? (Brandname and model)

AND WHY ??

Opinions are welcome... :thumbsup:

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire L1 Cree.

I've had Fenix P1D, Peak Glacier Bay, a Nuwai, and a Novatac along with the SF. The only one I have left is the SF. It has the nicest, most usable beam, simple UI, good size, bomb-proof construction. Single CR123 lights just don't come much better.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire L1 Cree.

I've had Fenix P1D, Peak Glacier Bay, a Nuwai, and a Novatac along with the SF. The only one I have left is the SF. It has the nicest, most usable beam, simple UI, good size, bomb-proof construction. Single CR123 lights just don't come much better.

Mike... thanks for the tip. :thumbsup:

Outdoor Fanatic just said the same, especially because the SF L1 has just two modes: low and high. The L1 looks really solid!

Anyway, I´m still waiting for other opinions.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
If this were posted in the General forum, I would have said SureFire A2...

As it is in LED, then I am torn between the SureFire L1 and SureFire 6PL.

The L1, like all SureFires, is of excellent construction. The UI is the same as the A2 (one of the reasons I like it to much) - simple, no fuss. The low output offers enough light for most tasks, whilst the high takes care of the rest. Beautiful beam with no flaws or rings. Amazing throw for such a compact light, but retains enough spill to be useful for general illumination. Also (this may not apply to you) but it is just about the perfect size for a one cell light for me - just big enough to fit comfortably in the hand, small enough not to cause a problem for pocket carry. I find it very impressive that the L1 can do what it can on just one CR123a cell.

Onto the 6PL. Same SureFire quality, Type-II anodising as opposed to the Type-III of the L1, so the finish is not quite as durable. Good thing I like character marks on a light :) Once again, the beam is perfect with a nice combination of throw and spill (though the L1 has a much tighter beam). Runtime is impressive, which is more important to me than having an extremely high output for a few minutes. One of the best things about the 6P/6PL is that you can do a lot with it should you decide it doesn't fit your needs. One-cell extenders, TurboHeads, clickie tailcaps, the choice of using the standard P60/P61/P90/P91 lamp assemblies and such. Also cheaper than the L1.

Hope you are happy with whatever you pick :thumbsup:

Regards,
Tempest

steed77

Newly Enlightened
Well I'm sorta new here. I have been lurking for quite some time.

I have tried a several CR123 lights over the past few years

My Best one to date is the Tiablo A8. The A8 and A9 are about the same light.

The thing I like about the A8 is that I can use 18650's in it, if I want to. This is a great thrower and it does well for lighting up the entire room (ie. flood)

I am waiting on the T1 and a few others, but so far... the Tiablo is tops in my book.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I'm sorta new here. I have been lurking for quite some time.

I have tried a several CR123 lights over the past few years

My Best one to date is the Tiablo A8. The A8 and A9 are about the same light.

The thing I like about the A8 is that I can use 18650's in it, if I want to. This is a great thrower and it does well for lighting up the entire room (ie. flood)

I am waiting on the T1 and a few others, but so far... the Tiablo is tops in my book.

Tiablo A8 uses just ONE CR123 ??

quatra2008

Newly Enlightened
surefire e1l cree editon. it is not my brightest flashlight but it definitely gets the job done outdoors and indoors with the most perfect beam i have ever seen because of the optic.

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Considering the fact that that was the OP. id say he is after a 1 cell 123 light.

McG s27 is my choice, bright, and tougher than anything else made.

Duh! :) OK, sticking with my SF! I was a little confused too.

Although the new HDS Twistie is looking like a good contender, if it ever shows up!!!

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like my liteflux LF3,small 3 leveles that are user defined.It fits easily in any pocket,uses seoul P4 led so it has good brightness on max and a really low low.Nice beam,spot to spill is a smooth transition!

Second is my nuwai QIII moded with a cree led and flupic.Again user defined levels,very low,med,and burst.Best of all it can be bought new for $21 now,so for under $50 you can have a flupiced light that will be really bright.Pick your fav led!Q5,P4 rebel,or new lumileds! 200 lumens at 1A!

rico

Newly Enlightened
Novatac 120P hands down. I've had the SF Cree L1, Fenix P2DCE, and many others. Can't beat the versatility and runtime of the Novatac.

lotsalumens

Enlightened
Novatac 120p at the moment because of its great range of levels and solid construction. I have a SF L1 Cree on the way however so things may change. My two stage L4 had been my favorite until the newer, smaller and more efficient LEDs supplanted it. Still love the wall-o-light though.

Charles

scottaw

Enlightened
My ML-1 smoothie, from the master himself, Milkyspit.

But i also rotate through my 120P, P2D, and L1 Cree, just a nice little variety, but the ML is my favorite. Great beam, 2 simple levels.

dmdrewitt

Flashlight Enthusiast
McGizmo Titanium PD-S

2 levels of light, fits perfectly in your hand, bomb proof construction, very reliable, looks sexy, seoul LED, clip works very well.

Overall - just an amazing creation from Don. :thumbsup: You would love it!!

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, ALL my lights are CR123 lights and 99% of them are SureFires. With that said, my favortie single-cell light is the new SureFire L1 hands down!

qadsan

Newly Enlightened
My Novatac 120P is definitely my favorite CR123 light.

Why? Because it's there when I need it and I use it daily! I can also customize it to work how I want it to ;)

My Novatac 120P always stays clipped to my belt. I've read where some folks do not like the included clip, but I really like it and find it very useful. The Novatac 120P is small enough that it's never in the way when bending, squatting, twisting, etc. It's multi-level light output is only just a few clicks away and I like being able to quickly choose any of the 4 pre-sets from 22 different levels.

Most of the time I use a low setting for evening walks, or checking on our horses, dogs, locking & unclocking locks, etc. When I want to check out part of our lower yard or look part way down a horse trail for pests such as rabbits or coyotes, I can simply press the button for full brightness and quickly illuminate a large area. I've also been using it for camping, hiking and it gets tossed into a camel pack with other stuff (coins, knife, needle + stitches, etc) when riding off road motorcycles.

The Novatac 120P has a decent throw compared to some of my other CR123 lights, but where it really shines is the balance of throw + spill because I think it does a superb job of lighting up a good size area. I've been truly impressed with this little light and haven't had any issues with it. It does everything I need and it has been very reliable for me.

I was just on the Novatac web site and noticed a significant price increase on the 120P (now $189) :eek:oo:.

Last edited:

Latest posts