Looking for long lasting AA light

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened
I'm looking for a long lasting AA. Hopefully something close to the runtime of Lightwave 4000 but uses common AA cells.

The closest I've found and purchased is a Stanley MaxLife 369 Tripod. It uses 9 AA and runs for 48 hours on 6 LED and 210 hours on 1 LED

Anything better out there? Maybe even a custom one?

Edit: by AA, I mean it uses AA batteries, it doesn't have to be just a single AA light. I'm hoping to find something use multiple AAs but will last hundred hours.

Last edited:

blademan

Enlightened
Peak might have what you need. They make extended run versions of their Pacific models with AA tailswitch. They have them in LS or Seoul led options.

BillG

Newly Enlightened
take a look at eternal light.

i have the xray...uses 3 AA. with liths you can get 900-1000 hrs on low low!

thats been verified on CPF by a user hanging it in his bathroom for 24/7 for 28 straight days!!

techass is the name of web site i believe. i own 2 of them. one in my BOB and one hanging in bathroom i've never used....its there waiting for me in case of power outage.

Bill

Gatsby

Enlightened
My firdt thought was a Peak Pacific in the low power extended runtime configuration. The high power version runs for 12 plus hours on a lthium aa - not sure how long the low power runs however.

The Liteflux LF5 on lowest setting ran IIRC on an alkaline for a week plus you've got access to higher levels if you want. and it is a P4 based light so a better beam than the 5mm options. It uses a rapid pwm rate so it is still a very good beam even that low.

CalgaryGuy

Enlightened
Thanks for your inputs, please keep them comming if you can think of more lights.

Do you want the same light as the lightwave 4000?? Also what is the application??

The application is for long term outage. I want to have a "common" batteries in the AA format as AA is very versitile. For example, you can build a HID AA using 6 AA in a 2D ROP setup. I can stock a whole bunch of AA and don't have to worry about stocking C and D cells.

Then I also have three 15 minutes chargers, all can be charged from my car. Which mean that if the power goes out, I can run my car for 15 minutes and I'll have 10 fully charged AA.

Gatsby

Enlightened
If you're looking for a power outage light - I just double checked Selfbuilts review and the LF5 actually runs for 15 days (360 hours) on the lowest setting until shutdown on an alkaline.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2142947

With a much nicer beam than a 5mm setup and the option for much higher outputs when you need them. Given that you won't run it continuously I can't imagine a much more effective backup light with that kind of flexibility in such a small package. There are some others that may run a little bit longer but won't have an SSC P4 emitter and won't have the higher output at your disposal.