1AA Q5 options

ykb

Newly Enlightened
Not sure if it's better, but Fenix have a "4in1 Powerpack P2D/L1D Q5 Black Combo" *phew!*

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
I would take that lumen claim with a very big grain of salt. ;)

But the pre-production version I have certainly does outshine the Fenix Q5 in 1AA. See my review in my signature block.

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
does it outshine the p1d with 14500?
Do you mean P1D with RCR, or L1D with 14500? Not that it really matters - output is exactly the same in those two setups (just runtime differs - a bit longer on my 14500s).

As you'll see in my NiteCore review, the Fenix head is brighter on 14500/RCR, but with less runtime. EDGETAC has purposely kept 14500 output a bit lower, due to heat concerns on such small lights.

kilgor

Enlightened
Do you mean P1D with RCR, or L1D with 14500? Not that it really matters - output is exactly the same in those two setups (just runtime differs - a bit longer on my 14500s).

As you'll see in my NiteCore review, the Fenix head is brighter on 14500/RCR, but with less runtime. EDGETAC has purposely kept 14500 output a bit lower, due to heat concerns on such small lights.

The specs on the light look very good, but after reading up on it I think I want to stay with more established brands in Fenix and Olight. I have been burned before by prepaying for products that won't be delivered for awhile. I'll sit back and watch the NiteCore for awhile. :sigh:

See this thread:

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=171022

Are there any other 1AA Q5 lights out there that i should look at? :anyone: