I might tour Pelican friday

jayhackett03

Enlightened
i'm from Wichita KS but right now i'm across the street from Toyota Headquarters in Torrance california to interview with Toyota tomorrow and thought since i'm in the area, might as well go see Pelican. i called and talked to Pelican to setup a plant tour, i may or may not tour the plant on friday, if i do, i'll post pictures.

and if i have time, i may swing down south and go to surefire. i'm not sure though, since i just found out traffic is a b***h compared to my college town of 20,000.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I took a tour of the Torrance Facilities. Very nice!

You get see the machines the blow mold the flashlights and cases. Also assembly of the cases and flashlights.

Burgess

Flashaholic
if you go, tell 'em we want more CREE lights !

:twothumbs

_

jayhackett03

Enlightened
well, i did get a chance to go to Pelican today. They are the NICEST people. One lady was nice enough to show me around the entire facility for about 15 minutes. i took ALOT of pictures and got a video of the Collossus in action. that thing is awesome. The lady told me she didn't have the authority to allow me to post the pictures, so we agreed that i wouldn't post them on here. and i got a free Mitylite 1900 AAA.

Last edited:

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
Technically, I think if they haven't made you sign a NDA or something similar, then you're free to do whatever you want with the pictures.
Any lawyers around? :D