Need suggestions to replace my broken Streamlight 4AA

Super Dave

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I have 2 of the Streamlight 4AA's that have failing switches. They are about 3 years old.

I would like to get a Fenix or other brand light that uses AA's and has similar or better throw. Any suggestions...I have not kept up with the new products.

Lastly, how is Streamlight's service with returns?

Thanks,
Dave

Newuser01

Enlightened
I will not be the one to stop you from buying new lights but PP lights are great and I would return them to have it fixed or replaced either way.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

But should you decide to throw them away, I'll take them off your hands for the cost of shipping.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
...But should you decide to throw them away, I'll take them off your hands for the cost of shipping.

Backup!

...but seriously, Streamlight has about the best customer service, and those lights are guaranteed, so send em back for fixing/replacement. The ProPoly's are hard to beat. If they ever get around to selling the same light with an updated emitter [Q5 / R2], I think CPF'ers alone would buy TONS of them.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had to send my 4AA back for the switch. They replaced it under warranty and the turn around time was about 3 weeks.

It appears that the 3C version has a much more robust switch. I have not had any problems with it.

Super Dave

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies. I'll send them off.

Is there a 2 AA Fenix that compares in throw?

Mahalo,
DF

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The L2D-CE Q5 should have similar throw(according to the numbers), but that is because of it's sheer output(almost 4 time more on turbo) and not reflector geometry(Larger deeper reflector = more throw).

You could also mod the Propoly(Luxeon one right?) with a Seoul P4 U bin LED for more throw and output.

The throwiest unmodded 2AA light would probably be the Lumapower M3 with the Turbohead.

Last edited:

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a L2D-CE [but not Q5] and a few ProPoly 4aa Lux's. The ProPoly outthrows the L2D by a fair amount. I'm not sure how much more the Q5 would throw than the regular version, but with the small reflector [compared to the ProPoly] I'd be suprised if it could throw as well.