Interesting Pelican 7060 LED Problem!

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys,

I recently purchased a Pelican 7060 LED flashlight from one of our reputable CPF dealers and have been quite impressed with the light. Its really nice to have a docking station to recharge the light after use and knowing that it is ready for a full recharge at a moment's notice.

Yesterday, I ran into an interesting problem. The light was inadvertantly bumped off of my tailgate of my car and landed on asphalt. The light was on before the fall and was knocked off when it hit the ground. When I the light for damage the lens and body appeared to be in perfect shape but the light would not operate. I took the tailcap off and checked the battery and everything looked fine. I reassembled the light and this is where it gets interesting.....

The light will operate normally (on/off and momentary) with the sideswitch only, but the tailcap appears to be inoperable. If I switch the light on, I can then use the tailcap to switch the light off, but operation then toggles to the tailcap only. Meaning that I can use the tailcap normally (on/off and momentary) but the sidewitch is now inoperable. It appears as though instead of working in conjuction with one another, the switches now appear to only be effective if toggled between on another.

Anyone know what could have happened, or have a any ideas to return the light to its original operation? I have reached out to Pelican for a solution as well. I will post any findings I can dig up here.

If anyone else has encountered this problem, I'd be interested in hearing from you as well.

Thanks,
MSax

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quick update:

Pelican did not offer any explaination as to what might be wrong with the light, but they did offer a very promt and timely response to my inquiry. They suggested that I send the light back to them for a repair or replacement since, and I quote...

We offer a lifetime warranty on all of our flashlights regardless of the reason the light was damaged.

Excellent customer service. I'll post how long it takes to receive the light back later.

MSax

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Strange behaviour. I assumed the switches were completely independent, so if one failed, the other would still work. Not sure why the operation is toggling between the two.

Yeah, their warranty seems to be really good... it says "If you break it, we'll fix it", or something to that effect. What I found really funny was their statement saying warranty will not be honored in cases of shark bite, bear attack, and 5 year olds and under. REALLY funny that kids 5 and under are considered just as destructive as shark bites and bear attacks! :lolsign:

Last edited:

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I <3 Pelican's warranty. It's fantastic. They replaced a 10-year old light of mine that had cracked with no questions asked. I paid a dollar for return shipping.

Mercaptan

Enlightened
That warranty system is the reason why my next dive light will be a Pelican, I'm sick and tired of Underwater Kinetics and their silly warranty...

madecov

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the 7060 has some switch issues.
I've had mine on in the field and when I tried to turn it off it wouldn't, I had to remove the battery then re insert it. This has happened twice to me.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the 7060 has some switch issues.
I've had mine on in the field and when I tried to turn it off it wouldn't, I had to remove the battery then re insert it. This has happened twice to me.

Send it in to Pelican.