Removing Surefire lanyard ring

Penryn Ron

Newly Enlightened
I understand how Surefire's lanyard rings attach to the light but I can't remove them without forcing a small screw driver into the ring and running the risk of really scratching the light. Anybody had success removing the lanyard ring? I'd appreciate the help.

BTW, just got the 2nd generation L1 - what an awesome light! Even though some nice LEDs, I still remain a fan of incans. However, the color rendition that I notice with the new L1 is amazing.

Gladius, M3, M6, U2, A2, L1, Dominator 10x.

Willabbott

Newly Enlightened
I removed the one from my original L1 in the same manor, I used the smallest screwdriver on my Leatherman squirt, it is sharp as heck...

I think I then installed on on my Kroma and removed it in the same manor, you just gotta be careful... suppose you could cover the metal with several wraps of masking tape first, about 4-6 wraps should provide some protection against a sudden slip.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Use a smaller driver, the one you are using is probably too big, I use a blade from a jewelers set. Take your time and wiggle the blade slightly and use fairly light pressure and it'll separate easily. Once you do it a couple times it's much easier. I use the 1.4 or 2mm size.

Last edited: