Which is your best 2 x CR123a light and why?

andylondon

Newly Enlightened
I was wondering what is your best 2 battery CR123 flashlight and why? Please include manufacturer, name and model number.

I would also like to know if the Surefire E2L Outdoorsman with KX2 head will work with rechargeable CR123a's and if this light is worth getting.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
My best 2 x CR123a light would be my E2e with C bezel and BOG Q5 LED drop-in for 230 lumen. I love it because it's elegant, has a clip, and is easier to put into my front pockets than a 6P, G2, etc.

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
My best 2x 123 light is still my original U2. It is still bright, and I can leave the light intensity setting where I want it to come back on without scrolling through a stepped interface.

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
My best 2x 123 light is still my original U2. It is still bright, and I can leave the light intensity setting where I want it to come back on without scrolling through a stepped interface.

I agree that the U2 is wonderful. If mine hadn't been stolen, I would have listed that over my E2C. :mecry:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
my best 2 CR123 lights are an old SF 6P and an Inova T1,
* because of their machining and ruggedness (not so much the Inova, but the SF for sure)
* because both have been machined to house an 18650 Li-Ion, modded with a Flupic and a Cree
* and now kick azz any light in that size - for a runtime of 2.5 hours

Numbers

Enlightened
Mine is the SF L4. L1 is on the way as will be KX2 bezel to update my existing E2L.
E2L has to be worth it for runtime alone.

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
Hmm lets se.... I have to choose between SF L4, A2, and E2E. Hmm among thoose I think I choose L4 becuase ita tha one with the most power, the E2E is very nice form factor with various bulbs (Lumens Factory). The A2 is also very nice indeed....I cant decide. I hope I have a SF 6P with the new light kit on the way, that might be my best 2 X CR123a light. I would choose that light because it is upgradeble with both incan and led drop in. The form factor, design, and size is just right. I really like the fact taht you can upgrade the light without buying a whole new light. And choose between led and incan. Pure genious! :grin2:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
SPY005!
More pocketable than many single CR123 lights, 6 easy to access programmable levels. What more could you want? Well besides availability and a lower price?

5z5d05e.jpg

Last edited:

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
After reading the responses so far I am reminded of how different people have very different needs.

My favorite 2xcr123 lights are the LSI Nightcutter Sports. Aside from being the shortest 2xcr123 production lights ever produced they were also tested for watertightness and shock resistance (among other things) by an independent testing laboratory. I consider myself very fortunate to have four of them. They are equipped with:
  • 3 white 5mm LEDs
  • 3 red 5mm LEDs
  • 3 green 5mm LEDs
  • 5 green 5mm LEDs
The runtimes are fantastic and I use them all the time.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
so far, my Lumapower M1 (CREE XRE). By now, with the progress in LED technology, it's already a bit outdated, with Rebel 100 and CREE Q5's out.

Still, what it has is a big output light (especially good outdoors with its long throw) with plenty of runtime (amazing runtime on 18650), a great formfactor that just fits my hand perfectly, light and rugged.

Now, let's see how the Fenix T1 will compare, I don't have it yet.

What these 2xCR123A's can do for you is most of what you needed a maglite 3xD (at least) to do before, at some small fraction of the size and weight. Plus they do it much better.

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I sometimes carry a SPY 005, (2) Cr123 in my pocket and it is a great EDC light.

I often use a Surefire U2 due to variable brightness for walking and other tasks.

Both are great lights used in different circumstance.

77458969-M.jpg

150810369-M.jpg

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
SureFire A2 or 6PL...tough call between the two, but the A2 probably wins for versatility.

Regards,
Tempest

bxstylez

Enlightened
definitely the A2.... low-output leds for flood and incandescent beam for its throw (not to mention the better contrast compared againist whitish led beams)

Well-Lit

Newly Enlightened
I would also have to say my A2. I was fortunate enough to get an all white Aviatrix for it. The added versatility, of being able to run RCR123's or primaries just makes it that much better. Powerizer cells fit and work just fine.

Best Regards:
Bob