Best and Brightest AAA?

chibato

Newly Enlightened
I know this thread has been done before in the past, but I would like some additional (recent) suggestions/recommendations on the brightest (quality) 1xAAA light available. I have a Fenix LOD CE, and love it, but am looking for just a bit more. *However, I really don't want to use 10440s*. I am leaning toward the Fenix LOD Q4, but I am not a fan of red. I should probably wait until Fenix cranks out some additional colors for the Q4, or starts selling LOD RD100 here in the states, but I am not sure how long I would have to wait. A few other lights have peaked my interest, but I haven't found enough reviews/comparisons to convince me. The lights I am considering are the Tiablo A1, Lumapower Avenger, KD AAA SSC, Jeatbeam AAA, and maybe even a Liteflux LF2. Any others suggestions or insight into these 1xAAAs...or should I wait on the next Fenix? Your help would be greatly appreciated.:anyone:

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new taibo aaa is suposedly very bright I think they're claiming 180 lumens. Weather it's actually that bright is curious, Check and see if there are any reviews, I'm kinda interested myself, I let you know if I find anything.

chibato

Newly Enlightened
Last edited:

bitslammer

Enlightened
THANKS!!! Still learning how to do an effective search.:duh2:

Don't feel bad. Searching on this site is difficult and that's not because of any shortcoming on the search feature itself. It's more due to the fact that there are many words that are very frequently used such as bight, lumens, any battery size (like AA, AAA, 123, etc.), and so on. Even is a thread were started to discuss Fenix Clickie switches it may be tough to find it since that term will show in a million different places.

One of CPF's biggest draws is extremely detailed and robust discussion of even the most obscure things to do with flashlights. The saem terms are used again and agian but there's always something new thrown in. It may make searching a but frustrating but I wouldn't want t any other way.

pipspeak

Enlightened
A little OT but does the CPF search support boolean strings? Might make life easier.

topcat39

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a L0D Q4, in transit right now, and its already outdated/superceded by a better version :shakehead ?!? Just:xyxgun: me for not waiting since I already have a L0D CE and will be soooo tempted to buy the newer version :devil: :broke:. For sale, as soon as I get it, one L0D Q4 . . . :lolsign:

chibato

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a L0D Q4, in transit right now, and its already outdated/superceded by a better version :shakehead ?!? Just:xyxgun: me for not waiting since I already have a L0D CE and will be soooo tempted to buy the newer version :devil: :broke:. For sale, as soon as I get it, one L0D Q4 . . . :lolsign:

Don't worry yet:grin2:, the RB100 may have just been a short run edition for Pro Light Japan, and the Q4 may reign for a bit. I finally decided to have my LOD CE modded by datiLED, with a Q5 WC. Can't wait to see how it turns out. It looks like it will only put out about 7 more lumen than the Q4, but I get to keep my favorite (natural) LOD. :thumbsup:

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
If biggest brightness is the criterion, why not choose the Lumapower Avenger (supposedly with max output of 100 lumens)? With rechargeables, and the Rebel 100, it should have the highest output (don't know the Tiablo A1, though, and its capabilities, I saw somewhere mentioned that it also has a big output, although some were questioning how accurate that could be).

KenAnderson

Enlightened
If you can locate one, the TnC Key-Lux AAA with 2.2 Flupic is a very high quality and adjustable level AAA that can go from 1 lumen to approx 160 out the front lumens. Best quality but the price is around $140 when they come up for sale.

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
could the Avenger be brighter than my L0D CE :confused: on 10440s?

frankr

Newly Enlightened
I just wish I could add a clicky to my LOD CE , My main worry is that I'll lose the lights head because it's not on tight. Actually, I've already lost the head of one LOD. It's just such a great light, that I bought two more.

Does anyone know of a moder or supplier of a clicky that would work on the LOD? Even if it only enables high and off?

Last edited:

Marduke

Flashaholic
How far are you backing it off to loose an entire head? It only take 1/2 a turn to be certain it won't come on.

frankr

Newly Enlightened
How far are you backing it off to loose an entire head? It only take 1/2 a turn to be certain it won't come on.
I'd say that was about how much I had it backed off. But in carrying it every day it just loosened and got lost. It's still a great light, as I said, I've bought two more. But a clicky tail cap for that reason would just be great.

Marduke

Flashaholic
I'd say that was about how much I had it backed off. But in carrying it every day it just loosened and got lost. It's still a great light, as I said, I've bought two more. But a clicky tail cap for that reason would just be great.

Maybe the oring fell off or was worn away, so it didn't have the resistance left to keep the head on.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just wish I could add a clicky to my LOD CE , My main worry is that I'll lose the lights head because it's not on tight. Actually, I've already lost the head of one LOD. It's just such a great light, that I bought two more.

Does anyone know of a moder or supplier of a clicky that would work on the LOD? Even if it only enables high and off?
frankr
...... have you seen this thread ?
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/179101

Ice

Enlightened
I'm also a little afraid of "loosing the head". ;) (Highlander speaking there...)
That's why I won't/can't carry around my Draco and that's why I like the LiteFlux LF2, which is switched off by tightening the head.

Last edited: