Adjusting a LiteFlux LF3

tpchan

Newly Enlightened
Would someone please give a tip or pointer to which part in a LiteFlux LF3 to tighten, if the "off" position dot seems to slowly be drifting to the left?

When I twist the light to the off position the painted dot that used to line up exactly with "LiteFlux LF3" logo is now (with the light facing away from me) too far over to my left, relative to the logo.

I don't have this problem with my LF2.

worldedit

Enlightened
My LF2 acts the same way. I dont think it will lead to any trouble. Used my LF2 alot and it still works.

tpchan

Newly Enlightened
The reason I'm asking is that since the dot is now so far over to the left, I've on occasion left my LF3 turned on when I thought I had turned it far enough to shut it off.

It was during daylight usage and I lined up the dot and the logo, thought it was off and put it back in my pocket. Pocket felt a little warm later and oops, light was on in my pocket the whole time!

Also sometimes now I have to crank the light fairly tight to make sure it's off and this seems to be making the dot relative to the logo move even further to the left.

Gatsby

Enlightened
tpchan - the LF3,4 and 5 all have a slightly different switch mechanism than the LF2. If you look in the head you will see two small holes in the top ring. Insert a small tool, I use a small paper clip and turn it until you see the matching hole in the lower retaining ring (or the tool "pops" down into the lower ring). Once in the lower ring you can then tighten the lower retaining ring down and you should be back in business. Particularly if you've done a lot of "twisting" the bottom ring can come loose and the switch will be a bit dodgy.

Give it a shot and see if that adjustment works for you - I've had to do it once on my LF5.

tpchan

Newly Enlightened
Gatsby,

Thanks. Your suggestion is right on the mark. It seems to have worked now and the dot is back once more to where it is supposed to be. I did bend quite a few paper clips trying to tighten the ring back. I'll need to find something sturdier to do this the next time.

LED Cool

Enlightened
thank you gatsby. :thumbsup:, for the suggestion.

tpchan, glad that gatsby's suggestion helps get your LF5 back to normal.

khoo