Need single mode 1AA driver/L1P style

Upplyst

Newly Enlightened
Hello! I would need an effiecient 1AA driver that will not kill Alkalines with high current draw. Something that delivers max 4-500 mA to the LED. Can something like this be found anywhere?

legtu

Enlightened
it might not exist. ;)

even at 350ma out, a low vf LED and very efficient converter, current draw would still be likely be around 700ma at least.

Upplyst

Newly Enlightened
700 mA would be a significant improvement from 1A, I would say, at least in terms of battery life. I guess the only driver that would come close is something from millermods. I have given up hope getting in contact with mr Miller and I am now looking for alternatives.

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could use a Micropuck SHO (500mA at 3V) if you are willing to drop down a few hundred mA for a single AA. :sigh:

aljsk8

Enlightened
i think mike jordan aka arcmania does a driver that puts 350ma to led from a 1.5v battery - no idea on current draw though

i should have got the miller mods ones while they were around
but MJ is what im using for my latest creation

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about this one from DX? It looks like it is a Zetex circuit, so the efficiency should be in the 80% + range. If you get the Zetex applications datasheet, you can find a schematic that has a single cell application. The circuit can be modified to suit your needs.

Last edited:

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
If you want to put 350 ma @ 3.2V to the LED, the battery will will have to put at least 1000ma @ 1.2V and this is assuming your converter is 100% efficient.

350 x 3.2 = (efficiency) x BatteryCurrent x BatteryVoltageUnderLoad

- Vikas

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
What greenLED said!
Madmax Lite is the one you want. The Plus version runs the led around 700ma the Lite version at 350ma. Its what I used in my CMG-CREE works great amazingly bright on a E2 Lithium AA can also use a Li-Ion AA (protected only!).

Upplyst

Newly Enlightened
Nein,

Was it the lite version or the plus version you used? According to Sandwich shoppe the lite is for 2AA. on the other hand the plus is stated to operqate from 0.8 volts.

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nein,

Was it the lite version or the plus version you used? According to Sandwich shoppe the lite is for 2AA. on the other hand the plus is stated to operqate from 0.8 volts.

Either will work but I used the Madmax Lite for more runtime and less drain on the cell. Its a keychain edc not a belt edc, thats what the alephs are for, reaching out and touching someones retinas :devil:
Works great on a Protected AW 14500 Lithium Ion