Rubber Bezel For E2e

dougmccoy

Enlightened
I have recently bought a new E2e and was (as always) impressed by it but I was still kinda worried about the risk of dropping the light onto its bezel. I know it's HA but I still think that it needs some sort of rubber shroud. Anyway I'd read that some people had fitted a Mini-maglite rubber antiroll bezel to the old E2 and it was a nice fit, so I figured that I do the same with my E2e. The rubber shroud will fit but needed a small piece of Duck tape wound around the bezel to make it a snug fit.

I think it looks really neat and I am hoping it will afford the LA some protection in a drop/fall onto the bezel. I was worried that the extra insulation would prevent heat dissipation but it doesn't seem to matter and I've been using it a lot recently.
What do you guys think?

Doug
smile.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Doug,

This sounds like a good idea! (Don't know about the heat). One comment though; duct tape + heat + time = gooey mess. Are you familiar with the self amalgamating(sp) tapes? They stretch a bunch and have no adhesive; they bond to themselves. By itself, this tape can provide a rubberized wrap with give. It is also a clean way of increasing the OD. Should it need to be removed later, a razor will easily split it open. Here is one site showing the tape. It's handy stuff to have around...
grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Oooh. I LOVE that tape that Don speaks of above. I use it to make comfortable handles on things, seal RF connections, add grip to grab rails, etc. LOVE that stuff specifically becuase it has no adhesive. I got my first roll for free from a guy who thought it was defective after he bought it sine it *wouldn't* stick to anything. After reading the package instructions, I realized it was the perfect solution to several of my projects. Good stuff.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dougmccoy:
I have recently bought a new E2e and was (as always) impressed by it but I was still kinda worried about the risk of dropping the light onto its bezel.

Doug
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Worried about bezel protection? ENTER: Mushroom Man-

mushroom-sf.jpg

On the LS, not only is MR. Mushroom a bezel bumper:

mushroom-lens.jpg

But also a handy, ergonimic handle for gloved or big mitted individuals:

mushroom-tail.jpg

Mr. Mushroom can be found in blue water fishing supply stores where he was intended as a gimble tip for gimbled deep sea rods; if I got my terms right.
grin.gif
tongue.gif

dougmccoy

Enlightened
Thanks for the ideas guys! I will have to find some of that self amalgamating tape it sounds great for lots of things. Just hope It's available over here!

Buy the way love that mushroom!
grin.gif

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
my e1e fell out of my pocket(approx 4ft) as i rode my bike in nyc tues. and it still works! i'm going to gaylans to get the mini mag rubber thing, thanks for the tip.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lux Luthor:
McGizmo,

Nice, uhh, toilet plunger mod you have there.
smile.gif
shocked.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you
grin.gif
But now that you mention it, a toilet plunger is on a 1" dowell so it would fit as well! Mr. Mushroom goes back on the fish'in pole and I'll have a new multi-tool!
grin.gif
Great idea! I could also stick it on slick surfaces for hands free work. Great! I'll be sure to post some action shots of the new multi-tool. For EDC, perhaps a couple of ear straps so I can wear it on my head.......