Which surefire to buy next?

MstrHnky

Enlightened
One of my friends works at gander mountain and said they sell surefire's. he's going to find out the specific models and said he can get 40% off.

i've heard nothing but good things about surefire, and with that discount, i don't think i'll be able to pass one up, but all of my immediate needs are met with my current three lights... that i can think of.

Lowe's Task Force w/Cree- keep in in my truck for general use
WF-600 - my thrower. keep it in the house and bring it with me to show off
JetBeam CL-E v2 - Every Day Carry.

which surefire(s) should i consider? what am i missing from the current three lights i have - besides premium quality?

thanks for your input.

zx7dave

Enlightened
Might consider the E1L or E2L. Not the brightest, but small enough for a pocket and no bulbs to burn out. Will last virtually forever...just add batteries.
The 6PL is a good choice for the glove box. LED 80 Lumen output..long battery life.
You need to hold a surefire and use it to understand the level of marksmanship.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
L1 CREE is really the way to go. :thumbsup:

l104ur3.jpg

BigD64

Enlightened
For 40% Off I'd have to go with a U2. Save the big chunk of money and get the best light possible.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
With that kind of discount it would have to be an M6 :eek: Alternatively, the L1 is a solid choice.

Regards,
Tempest

FlashSpyJ

Enlightened
Im certain that you gonna want more than ONE if you just read on a bit more about surefires! I have L4 A2 E1E 9P, and I wouldnt mind a M6, U2....its poison for ya walla! :)

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanna buy a Surefire L1 Cree too! All of the guys here said it´s a great light!

Anyway, I got a question: Does someone knows a web-store that I can buy one L1 ? The problem is that they have to send it to Brasil... so I am looking for a trustable e-store that ships overseas....

Can someone help me ? How to get in touch with them ??

Thanks !

Saiga

Enlightened
with that discount, i'd definately get something higher-end than the 6PL, (i have one, it's great). But that (and the G2L) aren't prohibitively expensive even at retail. I agree with the recommendations for an L1, or even something more expensive.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanna buy a Surefire L1 Cree too! All of the guys here said it´s a great light!

Anyway, I got a question: Does someone knows a web-store that I can buy one L1 ? The problem is that they have to send it to Brasil... so I am looking for a trustable e-store that ships overseas....

Can someone help me ? How to get in touch with them ??

Thanks !

I bought mine from BatteryJunction.com with the usual CPF 5% discount and they sent it to Italy. You can trust them. :thumbsup:

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought mine from BatteryJunction.com with the usual CPF 5% discount and they sent it to Italy. You can trust them. :thumbsup:

Kilovolt... I sent you a private message! Thanks for the tip! Now I gotta decide which one: E1L or L1 Cree....

Greetings!

sawlight

Enlightened
I had an L1 re-cree, I loved it!!!! I also have an E2E, I think every flashaholic NEEDS to own one of them!! The M6 looks nice, but for thediscount, why not a Dominator? (Hey, go big or go home right?:grin2:)

MstrHnky

Enlightened
I had an L1 re-cree, I loved it!!!! I also have an E2E, I think every flashaholic NEEDS to own one of them!! The M6 looks nice, but for thediscount, why not a Dominator? (Hey, go big or go home right?:grin2:)

that's the problem, i don't know how much money i can spend on one. i'm also in the process of buying a new laptop. i want to see how much a few things sell for on ebay and how much money i get for xmas.

plus, i don't think gander mountain sports is going to be carrying any top-of-the-line surefire's. i could be wrong though.

i clearly have to do some more research, but why is everyone gung-ho for the L1? it seems to be built like a tank, but the specs are pretty ordinary. maybe that's the point of a surefire. remember, i'm still new to all of this.

Schuey2002

Enlightened
With everyone recommending the L1, I would add the E2L to that list, as well. Ya' just got to love that runtime... :)

elt1

Newly Enlightened
that's the problem, i don't know how much money i can spend on one. i'm also in the process of buying a new laptop. i want to see how much a few things sell for on ebay and how much money i get for xmas.

plus, i don't think gander mountain sports is going to be carrying any top-of-the-line surefire's. i could be wrong though.

i clearly have to do some more research, but why is everyone gung-ho for the L1? it seems to be built like a tank, but the specs are pretty ordinary. maybe that's the point of a surefire. remember, i'm still new to all of this.

I agree: the specs on the L1 appear to be ordinary, but the quality of the light is simply fantastic.

To my untrained eye, the L1 is as bright as my JB C-LE V2.0 on max. Not to mention it throws far for a CR123 light as its a very focused beam.

Great light if you're doing a lot of work and need something tough...

Eventually, you'll work your way up to a Milkyspit ML1 like I did: then you'll really appreciate the Surefire.

Spence

Enlightened
Hiya,
I have E1L, L2, and L1 Cree...you will be happiest with the L1 Cree, it fills multiple needs excellentley, and does everything the other two do.
SureFires 40% off retail?!! My bank is open on Sunday, today, and I'm on my way to take out an emergency loan against my home equity. Then I'll be on a flight to your city...pick me up at the airport. I'll be the guy with the SF catalog and one extra large empty suitcase, okay?
party.gif
:grin2: :crackup:
buttrock.gif
wink2.gif