A few quick ?'s for first and final post.

Chillrock

Newly Enlightened
A good friend gave me a P6 defender a few weeks back and now I am on the forums every day looking and spending. I have to stop. I need some quick advice and then I am going to stop..... I hope

A. I want a vary small EDC LED preferably it can take a CR123A protected has a clickie and minimal settings high, low, off and under $100 high efficiency and most important it is reliable. Please no DX I have already learned that lesson.

B. Best value for a P6 Defender drop in that is reliable with minimal settings.

C. Solid brand of rechargeable CR123A protected batteries.

Thanks in advance this is great forum and I have enjoyed all your posts over the past few weeks.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire makes a new drop in rated at 80 peak lumens, and 12 hours output, likely diminishing, but knowing them it's probably a nice piece. maybe a fenix P1 light not the digital.

carrot

Flashaholic
I'm thinking the Fenix L1T v2.0 is a good option. It uses an AA battery and has only high, low and off, and a momentary clickie.

I would also consider raising your budget a bit, then you can get a Novatac EDC or an HDS Twisty (not clickie, but super reliable and very simple 3-stage operation). Both have excellent track records and are very, very reliable. You could also look at Surefire's Cree L1, which comes in under $150 and has dual stages but no clickie. All three are considered the cream of the crop for reliability and should never give you problems.

BigD64

Enlightened
Lumapower 301 has a 2 stage clicky and has a pretty good beam. The best part is it's only 35 bucks or so from Batteryjunction. It's a good choice for an inexpensive EDC. If you want something a little bigger the Fenix P2D or P3D are great lights too. I run both the LM301 and my P3D on Tenergy RCR123 900ma rechargeables also from Batteryjunction. Dropins from Surefire are good. If you want to go a little brighter Cree dropins from Bugoutgear or Malkoff are reliable.

Last edited:

Chillrock

Newly Enlightened
Thank for all your suggestions. I am going with the fenix combo light. Is anyone using protected AW's in there fenix?

I will eventually go with a Malkoff drop in for my P6.

The lumalites look like a great deal but I could not find any warranty info.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Combo as in the Powerpack?

You would have to get a 3.0v rechargeable battery if you want to keep the lower modes. The P3D works fine with 2 RCR123 batteries though.