Nuwai TM-301X-3 help?

antinchip

Newly Enlightened
My Nuwai TM-301X-3 has died! I have been using with AW's protected 3.7v cells and the torch (I'm in the uk!) just flashed on and then died when I put in a freshly charged set! Have I blown the LED or.....?

I am in the UK and wonder what my options might be - can I buy economicaly a new Luxeon for like for like replacement or an upgrade LED (Cree or Seoul?) and fit myself or will I need to send back to the retailer (eliteled.com)? Otherwise do I just bin it?

This was my first LED torch and I have since (thanks to this Forum) added Fenix L2/T, P2D and Lumapower M1 XRE, but would like the Nuwai to work but will replace it with an alternative if it is not cost effective to repair.

Any advice gratefully received.

Cheers

Anthony

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
This happened to me with this light. The heat from running two 3.7V fried one of the wires running from the resistor. This light doesn't have a circuit board to speak of, just a big fat resistor.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Depending on the amount of space you have in the light, you could buy a buck circuit and a Seoul LED and use that to fix your light. Total cost can be under $10 USD.

Do you need multimode?