its getting silly

LedLad

Newly Enlightened
Look Ma...I just spent $300 on something I could have gotten 2 of (similar type and specs) for 1/2 the money....But Titanium is SOOOOO cool.
:crackup:

txmatt

Enlightened
Yeah choices are just silly.

Don't want one or think it's not worth it? Don't buy it.

I've got the NS Wee and it's great. Wouldn't spend the extra on the Wee Ti, but it's a cool option to have.

LedLad

Newly Enlightened
It might be argued that the option is nice if you are solely a collector of flashlights for their appearance but from a usage point of view...the extra cash for a titanium light which does the same or less than lights 1/5 the price is like adding gold rims to a station wagon. A tad silly....per the top.

Cypher

Enlightened
Totally. I'm starting a new site called boringlightforums.com. I'll see ya'll over there because I'm so tired of all these cool lights that no one really needs.

MrBadExample

Newly Enlightened
It might be argued that the option is nice if you are solely a collector of flashlights for their appearance but from a usage point of view...the extra cash for a titanium light which does the same or less than lights 1/5 the price is like adding gold rims to a station wagon. A tad silly....per the top.

Really? :shakehead I think it is more about giving consumers what they want. Whether it's silly, well....thats somewhat dependant on the individual. You could use this example with "insert expensive watch name here", after all they all tell time.

Now if you could only tell the guy who drove by me today in the stationwagon with gold spinning rims that he is silly, I would really appreciate it.....:poke:

KenAnderson

Enlightened
I really enjoy Ti as well, but it does seem quite expensive at times. I purchased a Fenix Lo-Ti recently and paid approx. $100. Not bad for a forever light. Though I've never heard of the alum one wearing out either :thinking:

Why did I spend double on it? Ah...just cause it's cool and I liked the look and feel. Now if it had cost $200 I would have to think pretty hard...

ttran97

Flashlight Enthusiast
One of these was on sale over in the MarketPlace for only $110...which is quite a steal...

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I am going to bring back the Delorean sports car....but instead of stainless steel, I will use titanium. It will only cost $100k...but you will get a titanium key chain light free with purchase.... Business partners (preferably silent rich ones) wanted!

LedLad

Newly Enlightened
Really? :shakehead I think it is more about giving consumers what they want. Whether it's silly, well....thats somewhat dependant on the individual. You could use this example with "insert expensive watch name here", after all they all tell time.

Now if you could only tell the guy who drove by me today in the stationwagon with gold spinning rims that he is silly, I would really appreciate it.....:poke:

More than a bit 'apples and oranges'...a watch after all is a time piece but secondarily a piece of jewelery which is seen and accepted as a general status symbol....A flashy Ti flashlight is only a status symbol to a VERY select (although intelligent, good looking and discerning) subset of the population.
Function trumps form in this instance. :poke:

MrBadExample

Newly Enlightened
A flashy Ti flashlight is only a status symbol to a VERY select (although intelligent, good looking and discerning) subset of the population.

Yes, those are CPF members and who cares what anyone else thinks! :nana:

Fargus

Newly Enlightened
Okay, the Lummi site states they are sold out of pink tritiums. Ahem, who has been ordering their Orbs with pink trits? Come on. Fess up. Who was it (and how many do you have)? We will find you. :poke:

arty

Enlightened
I would not pay this for a light, but I have no doubt that people pay much more for less useful things - check out the cost of some designer pocket books - like thousands.

I wonder what shipping runs from the UK? The regular Raw looks interesting.