Any HDS Twisty News?

Status
Not open for further replies.

txmatt

Enlightened
Any updates on the HDS Twisty? I'd especially like to know when we might expect the AA tube.

alanagnostic

Enlightened
I keep monitoring the thread and website for news but I have seen none. I'm getting to like the idea of a Twisty more and more. I'm going to wait for reviews and pictures but I'm pretty sure I'll eventually get one. I'd like to see a 2x123 battery tube.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I'd be happy right now with just a new pic of it. I'm getting tired of looking at the same one every day:popcorn:

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I emailed batttery station on the 5th about my 100TW preorder. They said;

"I just received new info from HDS. The 100TW's are expected within a week or two. The 70 lumen models, however, have been delayed a little longer for circuit board tweeking."

Glad I ordered the 100!

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I emailed batttery station on the 5th about my 100TW preorder. They said;

"I just received new info from HDS. The 100TW's are expected within a week or two. The 70 lumen models, however, have been delayed a little longer for circuit board tweeking."

Glad I ordered the 100!

YES!!
Me too. :party:

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
Good to hear thaat Henry would rather delay a release to get it perfect, than rush it out the door. I've got plenty of other torches to play with while I wait for my 70!

luminata

Enlightened
I emailed BS also. Got the same answer.
it would be nice to get before x-mas.
Then I can put it under the tree and squeal with delight Xmas morning as I act surprised whilst tearing the wrapping paper apart and discovering what lies inside. Then I will exclaim "Oh Thank You Santa !!! Thank You!!! It's just what I wished for!!!" After which all will roll their eyes, but won't take the hint next year .........
I have to do this since noone else is gonna put it under the tree for me. I dont know about the rest of you but the most exciting thing I get at Christmas is a Dunkin' Donuts card with 25 bucks on it . WHOO HOO!!

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm getting to like the idea of a Twisty more and more.

I have a Surefire Titan and I am completely satisfied with the twisty UI. I like the idea that the HDS is going to work the same way, albeit with many fewer levels. I don't miss a clicky at all.

I really am having a hard time waiting on these.

KenAnderson

Enlightened
Goatee, did you pickup another Ti-PDs today? You are loving those twistys. Actually I do as well.

The HDS twisty is graduated like the Titan? Will it be relatively smooth ramping? I hadn't heard this.

Ken

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I emailed BS also. Got the same answer.
it would be nice to get before x-mas.
Then I can put it under the tree and squeal with delight Xmas morning as I act surprised whilst tearing the wrapping paper apart and discovering what lies inside. Then I will exclaim "Oh Thank You Santa !!! Thank You!!! It's just what I wished for!!!" After which all will roll their eyes, but won't take the hint next year .........
I have to do this since noone else is gonna put it under the tree for me. I dont know about the rest of you but the most exciting thing I get at Christmas is a Dunkin' Donuts card with 25 bucks on it . WHOO HOO!!

ROFL.
Some of us know of such things all too well.

I'm waiting for some reviews and more concrete specs before I take the plunge, but I'm sure I will get one (or both) eventually. I just need to know which one first and how high up the priority list to put it.

RainerWahnsinn

Enlightened
I'd be happy right now with just a new pic of it. I'm getting tired of looking at the same one every day:popcorn:

To see some Pictures from another angle would make me happy too. I´m waiting for the TR and (I know I have to) can`t wait. Thank you Henry.

Rainer

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will tell you guys I am having a hard time resisting this light. There are so few cool lights around comming from high end manufactures. When a new one comes up it makes me happy. It seems to me that some of these companies are going for a more custom flashlight program. OK I admit it I have several HDS edc's in a couple of varieties. Guess what I like 'em they are good quality flashlights.I am sure this one will be no different.
I am looking forward to owning one of these.
Funny. I can get my head around this light. I like the new little L1 surefire. But I can't get myb head around it or into it.
Strange.
Yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Goatee, did you pickup another Ti-PDs today? You are loving those twistys. Actually I do as well.

Guilty as charged:naughty:

The HDS twisty is graduated like the Titan? Will it be relatively smooth ramping? I hadn't heard this.

The HDS Twisty will have 3 levels but as far as I can tell, they will work the same way as the Titan; i.e. turn the bezel for light and more for more light then turn the bezel the other way for less light and ultimately no light.

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will tell you guys I am having a hard time resisting this light. There are so few cool lights around comming from high end manufactures. When a new one comes up it makes me happy. It seems to me that some of these companies are going for a more custom flashlight program. OK I admit it I have several HDS edc's in a couple of varieties. Guess what I like 'em they are good quality flashlights.I am sure this one will be no different.
I am looking forward to owning one of these.
Funny. I can get my head around this light. I like the new little L1 surefire. But I can't get myb head around it or into it.
Strange.
Yaesumofo

OK, despite the fact that I have one on pre-order, I do agree with you. If you have a Fenix or a Surefire single celled light, you very likely will never need what this light gives you.

If you read the HDS website, you will find a bit of history. The company makes lights for situations where they absolutely, positively HAVE to work, even more so than Surefire. They started making lights for cavers. If your light dies there, so do you :)

http://www.hdslights.com/index.html - click on articles and read the history. Heck, read it all. It's all good stuff.

So what were are looking at with the Twistie is kind of a super-L1 with a higher high and VERY low low that will run for a very long time. Plus it is designed to take rechargeable lithiums. It is also designed to be utterly reliable. So if the L1 is the armored personnel carrier of the 1 cell flashlight world, the Twistie is the M1 Abrams.

Or something like that :)

Flashlight Enthusiast
Strange.

Mofo,

I am not sure what you mean by your statement:duh2: but I am pretty sure that the O.D. of the bezels is pretty close to the same so if you can "work" with one of them, then you should be able to do the same with the other.

I am not sure that this thread can take an explanation of what you mean so I am not requesting one:poke:

luminata

Enlightened
The only thing I am finding myself wishing is that the middle level of output was something higher. Somewhere in the area of 40-60 lumens. I am finding I just dont find much use for 15-17 lumens . 40-60 lumens is coming to be a very useful amount of light and then having the 100 for short term super brightness is great. Plus the low low is the extra icing on the cake.

Oh well, the other positive factors about the Twisty will far outway any detriments in my book. :twothumbs

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
They need to surface finish (powdercoat, enamel) the SS bezel in all their models and offer the red light in the 100.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.