Light for my Dad

Scorpionboy

Newly Enlightened
Ok so I went to dinner with my dad today and asked him if the warehouse he worked in was well light and if he would ever have a use for a flashlight, he said ones always handy(obviously a good response.) Then at dinner I found out he's also starting a brand new government job where he will also be working at a warehouse.. my question to you is, what would be a nice light for him to get for christmas to take to his new government job. I'm thinking it doesn't have to be that bright, just more of a flood since y'know.. he'll be in a confined space. I was thinking I could get him something that doesn't really put out too much.. maybe a e1e with a little diffuser, but wouldn't that make it kinda blah, so.. anyways, opinions appreciated.

Thank you,
steven

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Steven,

Nice thought..........I have two sons (now grown) and a light from either one, would be very "special" to me.

I prefer LED's inside and use incandescents, sometime for outside tasks.

Perhaps an E1L and if you believe that flood, is better (as I do) a Surefire F04 diffuser might be a choice.

I also really like to carry the Amilite T5, as it has two levels and a more flood type beam......it fits nicely in my pocket and is very usable for indoor work.
(No diffuser needed) about the same price as an E1e
click here

Amilte, tallest, pictured with FF3 Cr2 Ion, Draco with AAA. Happy Holidays to you and your family!​
150810521-M.jpg

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Will he be wearing a uniform? Would he prefer a light on a belt in a holster or in a pocket? Will it be used extensively?

If used extensively something that uses rechargeables, which are included in the gift with a charger would be my choice.

Scorpionboy

Newly Enlightened
After a little thought.. I'll just order my dad and L1 when I order mine... I figure.. it's got a ten lumen low which is bright enough for some up close stuff.. and the 65 lumen high, seems practical for what he'll do, and it'll survive a fall if he drops it.

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good Choice.........I am sure he will be thrilled, I would be!

jeffb