Why I wont ever own a Forever Light

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just thought I'd mention that I've started getting spam email from a company selling Forever Lights. I contact any reputable company that I see selling via spam and tell them to end their relationship with whomever is doing that selling immediately. I have forwarded this spam to foreverlight and perhaps they will do the right thing. However, the address for the spam company is in the same town in Florida as the address on the foreverlight webpage, whatever that means.

So Foreverlight still has a chance to redeem themselves and end this companies right to sell their products. If I hear back from them I will let you know, if I continue to receive spam from them I will also let you know.

I completely and totally boycot any company who's products are in any way represented in spam and I encourage everyone else here to do the same!

So right now Forever Light gets a /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif spam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

i too, will not purchase a product that is spammed to me. (unless i like it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif, i don't have that much willpower /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

X-CalBR8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would very strongly recommend against anyone buying from a spammer. If you buy from a spammer, you are just providing financial incentive for that spammer to go out and spam a million more people just so that he can get a hand full of sales and make it all worth his while financially.

Also, by the very fact that they are spamming you in the first place, they prove, by the virtue of their misdeed, that they are a company with absolutely no morals, ethics nor care for their fellow man. Just ask yourself if you feel safe trusting your hard-earned money to a company/individual with no morals. I know that, I, for one, surely don't. Remember, there are always alternatives to buy from. No one need ever have to buy anything at all from a scumbag spammer.

If anyone here gets as many spam emails per day as I do then you know exactly where I'm coming from. Spam has gotten to be a plague on the internet and the only way that it will ever end is if everyone makes the decision to stop buying anything whatsoever from them.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
And so the spam continues, yesterday I awoke to find another spam from them in my inbox. It's the long conversational kind of spam that is harder for filters to catch.

The link is directly to foreverflashlight.com and not through any other retailer. So this is entirely on their head and can not be blamed on any third party seller.

Interestingly, the address is not the one I use for CPF or for other regular usage so they didn't get me on their list by scanning this board. The email address is one I've never ever used but since I'm the postmaster at my address gets forwarded to me. I'll be creating an automatic bounce for that address shortly but this tells me 2 things.

forever flashlight is serious about it's spam and is paying them an ongoing contract to send this crap out.

and 2 that they are not very bright (pun intended). The spam dorks from Boca Ratan are making up email addresses and probably claiming to send them to millions of dead and useless addresses. So they are actually being defrauded by the company that they are paying to do their marketing.

I'll show you my collection of foreverlights the day satan ice skates to work in the morning...

lightnix

Enlightened
One of my responses to spam is to reply to it TEN times over - usually with a rude message attached, ending with the point that I NEVER buy from spammers, EVER.

Maybe we should all spam Forever Light, what do y'all say ? Shall we set a time / date for a little campaign ?

On a lighter note: I recently received a spam e-mail from Micro$oft themselves, advertising their... (wait for it)... Anti-Spam Software /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

I wrote back to them (just once this time), saying, "Do you not consider it ironic that..."

All credit to them, though, they wrote back very politely less than an hour later, apologising and saying that I had been unsubscribed. Now THAT'S service.

MichiganMan

Enlightened
The problem from responding to spam is twofold, one: the response address is usually fraudulent. And two: if its not then you're confirming to them that your address is not only valid, but also that someone there actually reads spam sent to them. That makes your address a very valuable commodity to those that sell such things.