Fenix LOD CE battery problem

mbt25

Newly Enlightened
Is anyone else out there having problems inserting and removing batteries from their light. My light seems to have something that is scraping the sides of light. It make where I have to use needle nose pliers to pull the battery out. Once I have the battery out I can see where on two sides of the battery the label has been scraped off the battery. After using a bright light to look down inside the barrel it looks like there might be some metal spurs on the two sides where it is scrapping the labels off. Is anyone else having this problem? Any suggestions on how to remedy it? thanks

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could return it for a replacement, sounds like a QA issue. Otherwise you could use a small file to fix the burrs. Definetly not typical.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it a recently purchased light? If not, did you run over it with the truck? :D

You might try to "debur" it. One way would be with some sandpaper around a stick, maybe a pencil would work. I looked down the barrel of 2 L0Ds I have in front of me and I do see some imperfections on the sides so you may have gotten a real bad one. If yours looks too bad to try and repair yourself, I'd contact the dealer you purchased it from. You can't leave it like that. That's not good.

mbt25

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the quick replies. I agree it does seems to be a Q & A issue. What I ended up doing was taking a very small drill bit and using the fastest setting and using the sides of the drill to grind off the two burrs. I could have sent it back but I hated to be without it for that long because it is my EDC light. Plus it only took me a few minutes after your suggestions to remedy the problem. Thanks again